Not connected, Your IP: 13.59.9.236
ScanFarer

Will We See More 10 Gigabit Servers in the US Soon?

I'm glad that we now have a 10-gigabit server in New York. However, I'm curious about the possibility of future upgrades extending to other major metropolitan hubs like Los Angeles, CA, Chicago, IL, and Dallas, TX. For me, I have the best latency to Chicago, so that's an area I would like to see upgraded.
On a related note, I'm also curious as to why we don't see the decommissioning of other lower bandwidth servers when a new 10 Gigabit server is introduced to the same area. I know that the benefits of redundancy/failover, maintenance, load balancing, and resource allocation are some of the reasons why you would have multiple servers in the same area, but I don't see how it is beneficial in terms of cost.

Yeah, in the last few months (since other VPN providers stopped providing port forwarding) the usage of the Dallas servers has gone from negligible to huge.  They certainly could use some attention.

P.S. if you look at Dallas server usage don't trust the "bar" of bandwidth used.  Go into the server page and look at the daily usage charts.  For some reason the Dallas servers often report incorrect instantaneous usage.

Yeah I agree it would be nice to see 10gbit servers at these locations. I know there were two 10gbit servers added in the NA region recently (Toronto and New York) which is awesome to see. They seem to be making good progress so far so hopefully it won't be long before we see more 10gbit US locations.

Would really like to see Per City load balancing at some point as well that would help a lot with congestion in some areas.

10 hours ago, ScanFarer said:

Does staff normally reply to most of these posts in the General & Suggestions community forum? I was kinda hoping for some kind of response from them.

The forums are primarily a resource for users talking to users. The Staff account chiming in is not a given.

If you need credible, official responses, even with these questions, please use tickets.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

6 hours ago, OpenSourcerer said:

The forums are primarily a resource for users talking to users. The Staff account chiming in is not a given.

If you need credible, official responses, even with these questions, please use tickets.
Okay, cool. I'll submit a ticket and ask whether it's okay to post their response here, or if they prefer to do so themselves. This way, others can also take a look.

On 8/30/2023 at 5:53 PM, rx_man123 said:

20 Gbit Chicago server!

LOL, I saw this and literally thought that they upgraded a server in Chicago.

Also to others on this topic, I submitted a ticket a week ago to which they responded: "We have forwarded your questions to AirVPN management, pointing them to the forum thread you mention." Either they are still working on a response to post here or it's just been forgotten/disregarded.

Hello!

Yes, new 10 Gbit/s servers in the USA are planned according to userbase growth. If the current rhythm is maintained (but this is a big big if, in our business) you might see news on November.

Kind regards