Not connected, Your IP: 18.117.216.36
Staff

New 10 Gbit/s server available (CA)

Hello!

We're very glad to inform you that a new 10 Gbit/s (full duplex) server located in Toronto (Canada) is available: Wurren.

The AirVPN client will show automatically the new server; if you use any other OpenVPN or WireGuard client you can generate all the files to access it through our configuration/certificates/key generator (menu "Client Area"->"Config generator"). The server accepts connections on ports 53, 80, 443, 1194, 2018 UDP and TCP for OpenVPN and ports 1637 and 47107 UDP for WireGuard.

Wurren supports OpenVPN over SSL and OpenVPN over SSH, TLS 1.3, OpenVPN tls-crypt and WireGuard.

Full IPv6 support is included as well.

As usual no traffic limits, no logs, no discrimination on protocols and hardened security against various attacks with separate entry and exit-IP addresses and 4096 bit DH key not shared with any other VPN server.

You can check the status as usual in our real time servers monitor:
https://airvpn.org/servers/Wurren

Do not hesitate to contact us for any information or issue.

Kind regards and datalove

canada-toronto.thumb.jpg.92cb9c6f30085af402f5e1717c035c2b.jpg

I tried this 10gbit server (Wurren) and I keep getting severely throttled speeds. I get better and more reliable speeds off other 1gb servers for whatever reason.

I've been using AirVPN for about a week now and this speed throttling seems to be a recurring theme across all servers I've tested. I have to say I like the features this VPN offers but the connection speed reliability is pretty underwhelming.

On 7/23/2023 at 11:27 PM, eStolkYw said:

I tried this 10gbit server (Wurren) and I keep getting severely throttled speeds. I get better and more reliable speeds off other 1gb servers for whatever reason.

I've been using AirVPN for about a week now and this speed throttling seems to be a recurring theme across all servers I've tested. I have to say I like the features this VPN offers but the connection speed reliability is pretty underwhelming.

Use Wireguard as a protocol; can only offer you instruction via my own Windows Desktop usage - in Eddie, click upper left hand corner "cloud" icon, click preferences, click protocol, choose "Wireguard".

Specific to Mac, or iOS, or Android, or user-generated certs for other clients ie directly on router hardware, uncertain of guidance, but since I stopped using OpenVPN, speeds to my nearest "preferred country" are pretty much constant 100%, especially important for my a heavy torrent leecher.

There's lots of different VPN protocols. New ones are constantly being developed, and AirVPN's Eddie as I've described above, present the user with lots of different "tunneling methods" dependant on what sort of network restrictions you're in, ie University Network, China etc.

It was known for a longtime that OpenVPN is very CPU intensive, but since newer competing protocols/"tunneling methods" have been developed almost exclusively with the aim of being "lightweight" - ie, requiring little calculation, but maintaining speed and strength - now OpenVPN itself is trying to compete by implementing "DCO" - the lead(?) on this is even active in these very forums.

The only other stipulation I'd make, apart from waiting for OpenVPN DCO, is to connect to whatever country nearest you: whilst I can trust Singapore, Japan, New Zealand, I can't expect to max out my 250/250mBit/s to any server there, that's just fact.

14 hours ago, foDkc4UySz said:

Use Wireguard as a protocol; can only offer you instruction via my own Windows Desktop usage - in Eddie, click upper left hand corner "cloud" icon, click preferences, click protocol, choose "Wireguard".

The only other stipulation I'd make, apart from waiting for OpenVPN DCO, is to connect to whatever country nearest you: whilst I can trust Singapore, Japan, New Zealand, I can't expect to max out my 250/250mBit/s to any server there, that's just fact.

Yeah I'm using wireguard in the wiresock client using AirVPNs config generator https://airvpn.org/generator/.

During non peak times I can usually max out 500/500 connection on the city nearest to me, but when I tried the 10gb Wurren server in Toronto which is not much further away the speeds were much worse even when the Wurren server was showing less than 20% load. Pretty odd behavior.

Still I only did it as a test, I'd still rather use the city closest to me for latency reasons. That being said, the city closest to me does get pretty throttled during peak times being only 1gbit. So I'm hoping AirVPN starts adding some 10gbit servers in the US sometime soon.

Hello!

Important notice: Wurren's configuration has been modified, please test again with WireGuard if you did not get satisfactory throughput.

Kind regards