Not connected, Your IP: 18.190.152.38

Hello everyone,

I'm a new user to AirVPN, and just installed Eddie, requested a port (random one) and connected to a VPN server (I've picked over 10 all over the world).
Whenever I try to test out if port forward is working when I click "Test open" I always end up with Connection Timed out (110).
I even tried Canyouseeme.org, same issue there.
Does anyone knows why and what I'm doing wrong? :(

I didn't have these kind of issues when I used Mullvad (before they removed Port forwarding) :(Screenshot_20230708_210623_Edge.thumb.jpg.b81d4185ac43635d40e23a7fc1328259.jpg

What software are you trying forward ports for? I had a similar issue once with qBittorrent and discovered it was because it was configured to use the wrong network interface. For OpenVPN (on Linux), it's 'tun0', and WireGuard, it's 'Eddie'.

13 hours ago, fishbasketballaries said:

What software are you trying forward ports for? I had a similar issue once with qBittorrent and discovered it was because it was configured to use the wrong network interface. For OpenVPN (on Linux), it's 'tun0', and WireGuard, it's 'Eddie'.

Wait so it's not recommended to use AirVPNs software, Eddie? 😮
Which one should we use instead of Eddie? 

It's Qbittorrent I'm trying and also other random softwares, but nothing seems to work.

On 7/9/2023 at 11:48 AM, Mosestylez said:
Wait so it's not recommended to use AirVPNs software, Eddie? 😮
Which one should we use instead of Eddie? 

It's Qbittorrent I'm trying and also other random softwares, but nothing seems to work.
No, Eddie is perfectly fine. Port forwarding should work regardless of what software and/or protocol you use to connect.

What network interface is qBittorrent using? Open your preferences->Advanced->Network interface.

I assume you have checked the forwarded port and the post listed in Qbittorrent are the same?

Posted ... (edited)
Did you ever find a solution to this? I have the exact same issue and have tried every suggestion yet port forwarding still doesn't work.

edit: I fixed the issue by disabling ufw.
Edited ... by Malatesta's_Moustache
Added the solution to my problem in the comment.

Strangely enough I have the same issue. I have set a port in the Client Area, assigned it to the device, used the same one in qBittorrent and it is still showing as firewalled.

I am using a QNAP NAS, the interface is Wireguard in qVPN, and qB is bound to the wg interface and IP. Testing in AirVPN times out. I am almost certain it worked before, but I have not changed anything.

I am getting frustrated.  the port forwarding was working earlier with qbittorrent but later stopped when I disconnected and did the port test on airvpn and I also noticed that disconnect from the server or connect again the connection timed out appears regardless.  I already tried adding the stupid port number to my port foward on my router and still has the same issue.  Been working on this thing for 2 hrs looking at the forums and trying to understand as noob. 

This is so stupid.  What is ufw ?????

EDIT by Staff: problem solved, "I just needed to allow windows firewall on my computer to allow the port and it worked fine."

@ScarAtlas
@roklipni
@S.O.A.

Hello!

Please open a ticket and/or your own thread. The problem in this thread has been resolved so you might have a different problem. What's more, each one of you might have a different problem. Adding your messages in this way in a thread which already solved the original problem might probably lead you nowhere unfortunately.

Kind regards