Not connected, Your IP: 18.116.40.47
Kunuyana

League of Legends Updateserver blocked

Hey folks,
since a few days I got following issue:

Network lock and VPN disabled > League of Legends (Riot Client) connects and works normally
Network lock enabled but not VPN > Riot client error "no internet connection" (Expected behavior. Simply proof the game is affected by Eddies functions and the error for internet issues is different than connection refusal)
Network lock and VPN enabled > Riot client error "Updateserver down" (See screenshot)

I tried multiple countries and server connections. All failed.

Since the server is accessible without Airvpn it seems that they blocked the servers. Do you have the same issue?

Screenshot_18.png

4 hours ago, go558a83nk said:

Or, if you're using Air's DNS based ad/malware blocking, could something be blocked with that that's "required"?

I tried setting the DNS to 1.1.1.1 but that also didn't fix it.

Is there any way to just exclude the update server from the network lock / VPN? Or the entire game?

8 hours ago, rock3716 said:

Same here, but this one is working for me:
👇

Switzerland
5492 / 18000 Mbit/s
Sessions online646
Servers available9
Best: chXuange

Good find! Works for me too. (But the ping sucks really bad)

Veritate (Germany) also works

Hello

Can you try this:

Uncheck the following DNS lIsts on your AirVPN account:

1: GoodbyeAds
2: GoodbyeAds Samsung
3: GoodbyeAds Spotify
4: 
GoodbyeAds Xiaomi
5: GoodbyeAds YouTube

Can you access your gaming server now?

Yes GoodByeAds may be unrelated to this problem since user Kunuyana reported that setting DNS to 1.1.1.1 didn't provide access to the gaming server.

Though I think there is a bigger chance my suggestion to disable all GoodByeAds lists will provide users access to Google top level domains.

Some users reported on another thread they can't access Google domains.

Let's see what users will report in that thread later.

I also have the same issue with Surfshark. If I have the VNP enabled LoL wont let me connect to the server. Even if I tell the VPN to not actually do anything. (Allow all apps.)

I tried out some more servers now and there seem to be some that still work while 95% are blocked. It's time for Airvpn to just update all server IPs to new ones to reset the bans they got.

Sorry for the late reply. I found a solution for myself that works perfectly fine. I use AirVPN WireGuard configs with this windows client: https://github.com/TunnlTo 

It has split-tunneling per ip/app-name/folder. I just excluded the whole Riot Folder ( c:/Riot Games) and than the game starts perfectly fine with AirVPN enabled, since the whole folder and everything inside runs outside of the tunnel. 

Hope i could help

-kind regards

On 11/27/2023 at 5:20 PM, Kunuyana said:

I tried out some more servers now and there seem to be some that still work while 95% are blocked. It's time for Airvpn to just update all server IPs to new ones to reset the bans they got.

Hello!

Unfortunately that's not an option which can resolve anything, except for a few cases. Apart from the problems due to IPv4 space exhaustion, an IP address is listed as related to a VPN (in general to an anonymization service) in a matter of hours. Additionally, some services (LoL apparently is one of them) refuse connections from IP addresses which are not assigned to ISPs offering residential access. Last but not least, IP addresses are added in black lists even for the slightest dubious occurrence (for example a port scan). As you may have tested too, LoL does not work with any major VPN. In some cases, which of course don't include your bank or any financial service which already knows your identity and your habits and usually block VPN with the idea to mitigate frauds, it's up to you to choose whether using a service is worth privacy waiver.

Kind regards

On 12/25/2023 at 3:57 PM, legitacc1234 said:

Sorry for the late reply. I found a solution for myself that works perfectly fine. I use AirVPN WireGuard configs with this windows client: https://github.com/TunnlTo 

It has split-tunneling per ip/app-name/folder. I just excluded the whole Riot Folder ( c:/Riot Games) and than the game starts perfectly fine with AirVPN enabled, since the whole folder and everything inside runs outside of the tunnel. 

Hope i could help

-kind regards

The best solution so far, thank you! 🎯
After installing TunnlTo, Eddie stopped working. I fixed it by installing the experimental build of Eddie (version 2.23). I haven't encountered any bugs so far, and this build feels very stable to me. It would be a dream come true if AirVPN could hire the developer of TunnlTo to add the features to Eddie 😁