Not connected, Your IP: 52.15.59.163

So, I come home from work and have no internet. I call up spectrum and they had shut it off due to "copyright issues". I was using eddie from airvpn and had been for a few months. My question is, how were they able to detect it through your vpn?
My other question is, how can I get around this big brother cabal? I'm just trying to get back what the Almeda fire took from me and I don't want to have to buy it all again, in some cases a couple of times thanks to changing technology.

Thank you for your time.

@Matoomba

Hello!

They couldn't. Your ISP or third party entities can monitor your torrent activity (and other specific activities) while your system is not connected to the VPN or leaking traffic outside the VPN tunnel.

"Network Lock" feature, available in all of our free and open source software, prevents any possible leak outside the VPN tunnel, including leaks caused by p2p program mis-configuration and leaks caused by unexpected VPN disconnection, thanks to firewall rules, as you might know from all of our guides, welcome e-mail, answers to FAQ, discussions in the forum etc. To explain what happened, Network Lock must have been disabled, or you did not run our software.

Network Lock is effective even in case our software shuts down unexpectedly (for example in the unlikely event when OpenVPN or WireGuard crash).

If you don't run our software you can prevent leaks by yourself. Check our guides in the "How-To" forum and consider to bind your torrent software to the VPN virtual network interface. https://airvpn.org/forums/forum/15-how-to/

Besides, please re-check your torrent software settings against the following article, as it looks like you haven't done so according to your message.
https://airvpn.org/faq/p2p/

Kind regards