Not connected, Your IP: 18.220.178.207
0ver_flow

Connection timed out (110) - Ports forwarded for Soulseek

Posted ... (edited)

Hello,

I recently opened ports for Soulseek, particularly TCP 60265-60266. When I am not connected to the VPN, testing ports results in No Ports Open. But when testing them while connected, I get Connection timed out (110).

I've attached my log file, as well as a system report.

Eddie_SystemReport.txt Eddie_20230520_020146.txt

Edited ... by 0ver_flow

Hello,

the test is performed only over TCP, and SoulSeek works in UDP too if we're not mistaken. First, modify your port settings in your AirVPN account port panel. You have restricted the forward only to TCP, so change it to TCP+UDP (select it from the dedicated protocol combo box).  Then, make sure that your system is actually connected to the VPN, that SoulSeek listens to the correct port and doesn't bind to the physical network interface. Besides, check your firewall rules (in the same system which connects to the VPN). Some firewalls can change rule set according to the network "type" the system is connected to, so check while the system is connected to the VPN. Make sure that incoming packets to SoulSeek are not blocked. If the problem persists, do not hesitate to open a ticket to let the support personnel assist you.

Kind regards