Not connected, Your IP: 3.137.187.233
jahoolala

Timeouts/Slow connection all of a sudden

I've been using AirVPN for years and never had this particular issue.

For background, I'm using OpenVPN on Linux with no IPV6. I've always had great performance while connected to AirVPN servers.

Recently, in the past day or so, I cannot load web pages properly. Some work slowly, and others just timeout. My firefox browser says while pages are loading, "Performing TLS handshake with www.whateverpagethisis.com" and most pages take 15-30 seconds to load if at all. I have tried using other browsers, updating my system, restarting my router, and downloading and using new configs via the config generator in multiple european countries. With my little knowledge of networking, I think it seems like a DNS issue, but I'm not sure. My naked internet connection has no problems and perfect speed.

@jahoolala

Hello!

Does anything change if you add the following custom directive:
mssfix 1280
To add it, from Eddie's main window select "Preferences" > "OVPN Directives",  type the above directive in the custom directives field, click "Save". Re-start a connection to apply the change. If the problem persists let us see a system report.
https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/50663-youve-been-asked-for-a-support-filesystem-report-%E2%80%93-heres-what-to-do/

Kind regards