Not connected, Your IP: 18.116.36.192
Sign in to follow this  
1earthlove

?Help-ConnectFail-NoValidVpnSecrets??

Please-help! I'm a newbie - trying to connect for the first time - ever - and over tor. I'm on tor, with the linux-tor-bundle, and ubuntu [lucid] and I'm getting a "connection failed due to no valid vpn secrets."

In the Network Manager, the config files seem to be showing up, all in the perfect spots and I followed the instructions on airvpn.org/linux/

Anyone? with a clue as to what step I am missing?

I send much appreciation to all freedom-loving geeks... Blessings.

[help]

Yes - I hope so, but WHAT connection logs and where are they? Do you mean the "message" logs in vidalia? or some other logs - that I don't know exist or how to find?

Please tell me what "connection logs" you're referring to - and ALSO:

Please tell me if I am supposed to see some "GUI" for openvpn - or one for any airvpn-server that I may use. Am I missing some GUI?

Yes - I hope so, but WHAT connection logs and where are they? Do you mean the "message" logs in vidalia? or some other logs - that I don't know exist or how to find?

Hello!

The OpenVPN logs. According to how you launch OpenVPN their location or output may vary.

Please tell me what "connection logs" you're referring to - and ALSO:

Please tell me if I am supposed to see some "GUI" for openvpn - or one for any airvpn-server that I may use. Am I missing some GUI?

In order to simplify, please launch OpenVPN directly from a shell as reported in the following link, then just copy & paste the output of the command here.

https://airvpn.org/linux

Kind regards

Hi - Thank you. I'm connected and yet still unclear- I responded in the contact form with more details and questions and I'm so thankful for the help.

I think the port specified in the config being wrong was part of my fail-to-connect and needing to reboot [for the settings to take effect] was another part, of finally connecting.

Those port/config details were important - and us noobs NEED such details. Maybe you could have a duplicate set of instructions for newbs that gives more detail. I'm sure it's tiresome for you super-geeks - that we so ADMIRE - to read such details - they are simply just so critical for us beginners who are working so hard at learning this -

Thank you-