Not connected, Your IP: 3.137.192.3
Sign in to follow this  
tgel

How to autostart airvpn session using Ubuntu server 12.04

Hello,

I am in the process of setting up a media streaming/downloading box. I intend to run the system headless and without a GUI. I am unsure on how to get openvpn to automatically connect to airvpn when the system boots. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

ps/ Thanks for the great service and how to on iptables to prevent leaks

Hello,

I am in the process of setting up a media streaming/downloading box. I intend to run the system headless and without a GUI. I am unsure on how to get openvpn to automatically connect to airvpn when the system boots. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

ps/ Thanks for the great service and how to on iptables to prevent leaks

Hello!

You need to start OpenVPN as a daemon in client mode. At the boot OpenVPN will read your configuration file you specify and thus connect to one of our servers.

Please see here for one of the possible working configurations:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1627920

You don't need to worry about login/password. The authentication is performed through certificates and key, therefore no human intervention or any other setup is needed at the connection. With the configuration generator (menu "Member Area"->"Access without our client") you can generate and download all the files you need.

Kind regards

Excellent, this got me in the right direction. In the end I renamed the air file from .ovpn to .conf

I believe you can also specify the file directly in /etc/default/openvpn without the need to rename

So i've tried everything I can think of to get openvpn to autostart and connect to airvpn at boot. I have tried configuring the /etc/default/openvpn file, I have tried creating an upstart job.... I get no boot errors that i know of.... what's going on? I need openvpn to connect to the airvpn server at boot!

Thanks,

So i've tried everything I can think of to get openvpn to autostart and connect to airvpn at boot. I have tried configuring the /etc/default/openvpn file, I have tried creating an upstart job.... I get no boot errors that i know of.... what's going on? I need openvpn to connect to the airvpn server at boot!

Thanks,

Hello!

It's very simple to do that in Ubuntu:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1627920&p=10147351#post10147351

Also, our authentication is not based on login/password so you don't need any interaction.

Kind regards