Not connected, Your IP: 3.14.15.94
fujimail

Cant connect through wireguard on Linux

Hi guys, iv'e tried a few distros with WireGuard but for some reason they all connect, but I loose internet connectivity right after.

I always use the config generator with IPv4 only and Europe. I then import the file in to the Network Manager in KDE, connect without any problems and from then on my Internet is down.

I am currently running Manjaro on a Raspberry Pi.

Does anybody have any similar issues? Running the VPN over my Router directly works fine, which is confusing me. Although, this won't help me with my project.

Thanks in advance for any answers!

I'm not an expert on this, but my impression some months ago when I was getting wireguard up in linux mint is that network-manager does not yet (or did not yet at that time) play well with wireguard, though that was supposed to change soon.  I had no problem at all opening a terminal and using wg-quick on the command line to start and stop wireguard.  See its man page.

@blackSP

Hello!

WireGuard lacks a lot of basic features and uses the profile name for the virtual network interface name itself. An interface name characters limit is 15. Hence the error "interface name is longer than 15 characters".  Just rename the profile into a name not longer than 15 characters. Alternatively, consider to run Eddie if it's compatible with your distribution. By running Eddie you can connect via WireGuard and you don't need profiles anymore.

Kind regards