Not connected, Your IP: 3.14.142.115
Trajic

Eddie UI stopped showing a window

On a reboot, Eddie 2.21.8 on Windows 11, stopped showing a UI window. Uninstalls/reinstalls did not fix the problem. Changing screen resolution did not render a window. I don't know what to do. Eddie apparently did connect in the background to an AirVPN server as was shown at the top of the AirVPN website when I connected to the website. It was the last AirVPN server I had been connecting to when the UI stopped showing up. But now I can't make any changes or know for sure if I am connected.

I had an idea and downloaded the portable installation. That is what I am using now and it seems to be working. But I would like the have the usual install working, but I am out tricks to make it work and I think there may be an issue with the code as I have seen others here in the forums with a similar problem.

Hello!

Please check whether Eddie starts minimized. If so, after you have launched Eddie you will see its tray icon (a small cloud in a circle) in the system tray. If you find it, double click the tray icon to bring up the main window.

Kind regards

On 9/5/2022 at 7:04 AM, jheronimus@bosch said:

If there's no tray icon:

- stop Eddie from the Task Manager

- delete Eddie's configuration file. Find its location by reading here: https://eddie.website/support/data-path/

- re-start Eddie normally from the Start menu

Thanks much, I will give this a try. I am still using the portable version at this moment.