Jump to content
Not connected, Your IP: 3.229.117.123
Staff

Eddie Android edition 3.0 preview available

Recommended Posts

@mamegoma
Same here, I did further tests and that's what I meant to explain in my previous message. I also noticed that when using mobile data / WireGuard and custom MTU value, Eddie won't reconnect after a while when screen is off, without any network change.
Will get logs later. Removing MTU value solves the issue too.

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, udontexist said:

Clicking the download link does not work. Nothing is downloaded. 


Hello!

It is probably a problem on your side because the URL is valid and the download starts correctly. Several testers are already running the app and they downloaded it properly. Please feel free to open a ticket. Do not forget to specify your Operating System and browser,.

Kind regards

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, 183aTr78f9o said:
@mamegoma
Same here, I did further tests and that's what I meant to explain in my previous message. I also noticed that when using mobile data / WireGuard and custom MTU value, Eddie won't reconnect after a while when screen is off, without any network change.
Will get logs later. Removing MTU value solves the issue too.

Hello!

Not reproducible on our devices at the moment, we'll keep testing. On your side, if possible, please try a slightly higher MTU size. Replace it through 40 bytes steps for example (1280, 1320, 1360, 1400). Stop when the original problem re-appears and go back to the previous value, which would be plausibly close to the best compromise between performance and normal functioning. Report back at your convenience.

Kind regards
 

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Staff said:

Hello!

Not reproducible on our devices at the moment, we'll keep testing. On your side, if possible, please try a slightly higher MTU size. Replace it through 40 bytes steps for example (1280, 1320, 1360, 1400). Stop when the original problem re-appears and go back to the previous value, which would be plausibly close to the best compromise between performance and normal functioning. Report back at your convenience.

Kind regards
 

@StaffI've just sent you a log via the Contact section.

Share this post


Link to post

Hello!

We're very glad to inform you that Eddie Android edition 3.0 alpha 2 is now available. The original post has been updated accordingly. New in Alpha 2:

  • WireGuard default MTU size set to 1320 bytes
  • log bug fixes
  • OpenVPN3-AirVPN library update
  • log and profile export compliance with Android 11+ security
  • various bug fixes

Find full description, download link and SHA256 signature in the first post of this very thread.

Thank you very much for your tests and please report and describe any bug you find!

Kind regards
 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Maggie144 said:

will give this new version a go.

Is dark mode still on track for v3.0?


Hello and thank you for your tests!

Yes, definitely, a dark theme will be implemented just before or just after we reach the beta stage.

Kind regards
 

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/8/2022 at 2:45 PM, Staff said:
  • WireGuard default MTU size set to 1320 bytes

I uninstalled alpha 1 and installed alpha 2 so that app data was reset, yet MTU value is still set to "0" by default in Advanced > MTU. Had to change it manually to 1320.

Will report back later regarding the re-connection issues with WireGuard.
 
On 7/8/2022 at 6:53 PM, Staff said:
Yes, definitely, a dark theme will be implemented just before or just after we reach the beta stage.

Nice. Is 2FA authentication support planned too?

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, 183aTr78f9o said:

I uninstalled alpha 1 and installed alpha 2 so that app data was reset, yet MTU value is still set to "0" by default in Advanced > MTU. Had to change it manually to 1320.

Hello!

"0" means no override and you will find the "Setting MTU to 1320" log entry . If you enter a different value you will find "Forcing MTU to <value>".
 
Quote

Nice. Is 2FA authentication support planned too?


No, since a 2FA to run an app is not welcome by users. You can anyway set a Master Password as you know. It will be used to encrypt and decrypt all the local data and you must enter it each time you run the app for the 1st time in a session. Keep in mind that by enabling a Master Password (or using 2FA) you will prevent Eddie to connect during the device bootstrap but through profiles.

Kind regards

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Staff said:
Hello!

"0" means no override and you will find the "Setting MTU to 1320" log entry . If you enter a different value you will find "Forcing MTU to <value>".

Indeed, my bad. However, ProtonMail and TutaNota apps still cannot fetch data at all with default MTU, despite seeing:
[Info] Setting MTU to 1320
in the logcat. Explicitly setting MTU value to 1320 in Settings > Advanced fixes the issue for me.
 

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, 183aTr78f9o said:

Indeed, my bad. However, ProtonMail and TutaNota apps still cannot fetch data at all with default MTU, despite seeing:

[Info] Setting MTU to 1320
in the logcat. Explicitly setting MTU value to 1320 in Settings > Advanced fixes the issue for me.
 
yup i am also facing this issue!

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, zsam288 said:

i'm opted in to beta on the google playstore but it's still on 2.5?

iirc these builds have to be installed via the link provided, and will not be part of the google playstore beta release until the stable release.

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/24/2022 at 9:42 PM, walker551123 said:

it gives a version for windows ?

Use the link provided in the first post of this thread.

Share this post


Link to post

seems to work well on my pixel 6 with GrapheneOS
automatic connect fast on startup, no notification sound as the stable version but for me is better...
stable was having difficulty on automatically connect on startup

Share this post


Link to post

Hello!

We're very glad to inform you that Eddie Android edition 3.0 alpha 3 is now available. The original post has been updated accordingly. New in Alpha 3:

  • bugfix related to WireGuard default MTU size (please test again by setting "0" as MTU size in settings)
  • bugfix related to WireGuard re-connection failure
  • bugfix related to WireGuard profiles parsing
  • some events handling rewrite
  • NEW: (re)connection ability implementation, fixing specific WireGuard failures, for example when switching networks in Android 12

Find full description, download link and SHA256 signature in the first post of this very thread.

Thank you very much for your tests and please report and describe any bug you find!

Kind regards
 

Share this post


Link to post

Can confirm ProtonMail and TutaNota work fine here with Alpha 3 (WireGuard and default MTU size). I'll report back later regarding re-connection issues I had on Alpha 1 and 2 with WireGuard.

Thanks @Staff

Looking forward to beta with dark mode! :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post

Alpha 3 on GrapheneOS
start vpn at boot works well with openvpn and wireguard
wireguard connection time is impressive
system settings with vpn always on, vpn lock in eddie settings
 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, harold.lewis said:

Alpha 3 on GrapheneOS
start vpn at boot works well with openvpn and wireguard
wireguard connection time is impressive
system settings with vpn always on, vpn lock in eddie settings
 


Same here but don't you have re-connection issues (with WireGuard only) if you stop using your device for an extended period of time?

Share this post


Link to post
@harold.lewis

Hello!

With VPN Lock enabled Eddie can not reconnect by itself: the operator intervention is mandatory to manually disconnect and re-connect. When you have enabled Always on VPN and Block traffic if VPN is inactive Android settings you can safely disable VPN Lock which is an obsolete option in Android 8 and higher versions. VPN Lock is still available to prevent leaks on older versions. Can you please test whether the problem you confirmed still occurs with VPN Lock disabled?

Kind regards
 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Security Check
    Play CAPTCHA Audio
    Refresh Image

×
×
  • Create New...