Not connected, Your IP: 3.94.102.228
FezzyWig

2.21.8 Not Working on Linux Mint

I noticed the new stable version, 2.21.8, and upgraded my Linux Mint version.  I couldn't use it.  The user interface did not display the Eddie client interface.  It showed a portion of my desktop screen, inside the Eddie client interface, so completely unusuable.

Anyway, reverted back to 2.21.6 and all is fine now.

Screenshot from 2022-06-03 06-57-42.png

When you install a new version of Eddie on Mint it may not appear right away. Try the update again then reboot.
The Eddie client should then be visible.

I have been using Eddie v 2.21.6 on Linux Mint v 20.3 because I couldn't get the new version working with the graphical UI.  I always got the "black screen of death" - see screenshot.

I have just upgraded to Linux Mint 21 and had problems with the certificates, so I figured I would reinstall the latest version, 2.21.8.  Again, the black screen of death.

What to do?

Screenshot from 2022-08-10 07-25-04.png

@FezzyWig

Hello!

If Eddie 2.22.0 or some other version resolves the blank/black window problem, use it and fix the problem with client certificates. See here how to solve it very quickly:
https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/53004-openssl-error-restart-every-3-secondes/?do=findComment&comment=187787

... and thank you very much, you're another long time customer!

Kind regards

Thank you.  After renewing the key pair, I still could not connect.  However, when I deleted the /home/user/.config/eddie/default.profile v 2.21.6 now works.
Regards,

David

18 hours ago, FezzyWig said:

Thank you.  After renewing the key pair, I still could not connect.  However, when I deleted the /home/user/.config/eddie/default.profile v 2.21.6 now works.
Regards,

David

Hello!

Probably because you did not log your account out (from the main window) as Eddie desktop edition updates the client certificate only when an account logs in to the service. By deleting the configuration file you anyway forced Eddie to re-download everything, including client certificates and keys.

Enjoy AirVPN!

Kind regards

Is not that. It happens on every machine with Linux mint 21. It will not connect. I have been forced to go back to linux Mint 20.03 to continue using Eddie.

In mint 21.1, I couldn't connect to airvpn, whether through the eddie gui or the network manager with .ovpn config files from airvpn.org. But I can connect by running in terminal:
sudo eddie-ui -cli -login=mylogin -password=mypassword -connect
hope that helps somebody