Not connected, Your IP: 44.205.5.65
Sign in to follow this  
Salutglouglou

ANSWERED Eddie stopped working (Raise system privileges & more)

Windows 10 user here.   AirVPN/Eddie was working great for me for months.  Now all of a sudden Eddie was freezing up at startup with a Raise System Privileges message.  Tried many things (turn off windows firewall and such things).  Nothing worked so I decided to uninstall and reinstall the currently latest and greatest Eddie 2.21.6.  Now I see the startup sequence gets pass the Raise System Privileges step, but Eddie doesn't really start.  I only see a Eddie-UI process in my Windows Backgroup Processes.  No window, no message, nothing.  If I try to start it again it complains another instance is already running.  If I kill the background process and start again I just end-up with another background process.  And yes, I have rebooted multiple times.  

On 5/22/2022 at 4:51 PM, Salutglouglou said:

Now I see the startup sequence gets pass the Raise System Privileges step, but Eddie doesn't really start.  I only see a Eddie-UI process in my Windows Backgroup Processes.  No window, no message, nothing.  If I try to start it again it complains another instance is already running.  If I kill the background process and start again I just end-up with another background process.  And yes, I have rebooted multiple times.  

Hello!

From your description it looks like Eddie starts minimized. Check the system tray (click the up arrow to see hidden icons) for Eddie's tray icon, a small cloud in a circle. Double-click on it to bring up Eddie main window.

Kind regards

I don't recall if I had that specific issue, but I did have the issue with the system privs on startup. At the time, I reverted to an older version.

However, 2.21.7 released on the experimental branch not too long ago, and I've been running that one just fine. Maybe give that a shot?

On 5/24/2022 at 4:32 AM, Staff said:

Hello!

From your description it looks like Eddie starts minimized. Check the system tray (click the up arrow to see hidden icons) for Eddie's tray icon, a small cloud in a circle. Double-click on it to bring up Eddie main window.

Kind regards

Just thought I'd come back here to confirm my final problem was indeed Eddie starting minimized.
For anybody else reading this, here's a summary.
First, After working fine for months, all of sudden Eddie was freezing at startup with a Raise System Priviledges message.  I still don't know why that was.
Then I updated to the latest Eddie 2.21.6 and I was getting passed the Raise System Privileges but I was not seeing the Eddie Window because it was starting minimized.
I Installed OpenVPN and I was able to access the VPN.
Just a note to other people with the minimized problem, in my case the Eddie icon is the only Icon without a proper name, the mouse-over just says "Ready"

Thanks to Staff for the reply.