Not connected, Your IP: 18.221.154.151
Sign in to follow this  
manif3ste

MBAM web/ip blocking module Blacklist AIRvpn IPs?

Since last Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO version 1.65.1.1000 upgrade, The web ip blocking module Class AIR vpn ip 212.117.180.25 malicious.

The only way to connect on the VPN client or the Web site is to disable the 3 windows process the module PRO version use.

After finding the issue i have Ask the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware support forum. I received from a "admin'' the problem

isn't an False Positive detection. The issue is a very high level of malicious conent across Root SA (aka Root eSolutions) IP space. ?

Thanks, and i hope this info is useful for the admin here.

URL from the mbam forum:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=117554

Since last Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO version 1.65.1.1000 upgrade, The web ip blocking module Class AIR vpn ip 212.117.180.25 malicious.

The only way to connect on the VPN client or the Web site is to disable the 3 windows process the module PRO version use.

After finding the issue i have Ask the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware support forum. I received from a "admin'' the problem

isn't an False Positive detection. The issue is a very high level of malicious conent across Root SA (aka Root eSolutions) IP space. ?

Thanks, and i hope this info is useful for the admin here.

URL from the mbam forum:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=117554

Hello!

Thank you very much for the information.

We obviously confirm that no malware or malicious activity has ever originated from our website.

Blacklisting a whole network because malicious activity has been detected from some or many IP addresses of that network says it all on how Malwarebytes works and it does not even deserve further comments by this admin. Additional comments may or may not be added by the AirVPN staff or other admins.

Kind regards

@manif3ste

Hello,

in this post you can find my personal recommendations and opinions which do not necessarily reflect AirVPN ones.

If you wish to continue using Malwarebytes without disabling modules and at the same time access Air website you can point to another of our frontends (currently only one), leaving the Luxembourg one.

Write in your hosts file the line
85.17.207.151 54.93.175.114 airvpn.org

This will let you access our frontend in Holland. Hopefully Malwarebytes should not overwrite your hosts file. I say "hopefully" because I don't know how this apparently repugnant software works and frankly I'm not even interested in installing software so badly written that it forces me to disable modules to access what I want to access with MY computer, not even for testing purposes.

Kind regards
pj
AirVPN

A few points,

1: @manif3ste didn't post at mbam forum, but I know who did.

2: Very easy to add a IP to "Ignore List", simply right click mbam tray icon and add.

3: Very easy to disable " Website Blocking" if you wish, simply right click tray icon and uncheck.

4: It was never implied that airvpn.org has/had malware. It's the hosting company that's at issue.

Hope this clears up some of the hysteria.

Regards,

Bubo

A few points,

1: @manif3ste didn't post at mbam forum, but I know who did.

2: Very easy to add a IP to "Ignore List", simply right click mbam tray icon and add.

3: Very easy to disable " Website Blocking" if you wish, simply right click tray icon and uncheck.

4: It was never implied that airvpn.org has/had malware. It's the hosting company that's at issue.

Hope this clears up some of the hysteria.

Regards,

Bubo

Hello!

Thank you.

It was never implied that Malwarebytes insinuates that airvpn.org has/had malware. It's blocking a whole hosting company or network without "fine-grane" discernment the issue.

Kind regards