Not connected, Your IP: 18.221.187.121
khuffmanjr

How to gracefully stop eddie-cli or eddie-ui --cli in ubuntu 20.04

Greetings!

Long time airvpn user here.  In the past, I used an older eddie-cli on CentOS 7 and when I SIGTERM'd it the netlock would deactivate.  Today, I'm trying to setup a new Ubuntu 20.04 machine with eddie-ui or eddie-cli but when I SIGTERM it I can't do anything outside of my LAN.  And SIGINT hangs and fails.  How am I supposed to gracefully stop eddie on Ubuntu 20.04 from terminal, please?  Eddie is being called from a script by a systemd service file, FYI.

Thanks!
Ken

17 hours ago, khuffmanjr said:

Eddie is being called from a script by a systemd service file, FYI.

systemctl stop?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

7 hours ago, OpenSourcerer said:

systemctl stop?
Sure, I tried that.  But netlock stays active.  Can't access anything outside of my network when I 'stop', 'SIGTERM' or 'kill' it.  Is there no graceful shutdown to the application?

SIGTERM and SIGINT are supposed to be the graceful kill signals, as far as I remember. Weird that they don't work here… maybe open a ticket to professional support? :)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

My approach is to use NFT rules (no IP tables) with Eddie.  That way Eddie will setup a full nft ruleset with network lock running.  The NFT rules of course provide the firewall and tunnel security.  But if it hangs, or if you just want to be able to "get out" I have the option to flush the entire NFT ruleset in a second or two.
Terminal: sudo nft flush ruleset  and then its completely flushed.  Now the machine is wide open and you are instantly on your ISP's IP, so don't forget that if you go that route.  Just a simple idea if you need it.

@khuffmanjr

Hello!

Can you send us both output of Eddie when you stop it by pressing CTRL-C in the shell and when you stop it will kill -SIGTERM ... ?

Kind regards