Not connected, Your IP: 3.133.131.168
Col99

ANSWERED New Android TV, cannot find Eddie or install OpenVPN

Hi, I would like to install Eddie on a new Sony Bravia running Android 9.
The playstore for TV doesn't include Eddie, but does have other VPNs.
I tried installing OpenVPN but got stuck as there seems no way to add the config file. OpenVPN expects me to use an SD card!
I found a Sideload app that should either install Eddie from exernal input or load the OpenVPN config, but I couldnt see how to do either:-(
I expect this is going to be something that more people will want.

Has anybody solved this problem? If so, some pointers will be helpful:-)

Many thanks, Col

I used the OpenVPN app with the Air config ported to the TV via a USB drive. It's been too many months for me to remember the details, but it wasn't a horrible process. And the setup works well, once you figure out how to work the app, which is actually the hardest part. 

Thanks for the replies. Sorry for the delay,ed response, other things have been occupying my mind.

I'd already tried OpenVPN, and had the config on a plugged in USB but I could see no way to link the two. I have no idea how to save anything to the TV, even though its telling me I have space available.

Which brings me back to sideloading...
How, and where do I download the APK file so that I can install it?

Sorry, I might be being dumb here, but Android aint my speciality!

Cheers, Col.

@Krebbin

Hello!

How to sideload and then install an APK in a Sony Bravia TV:
https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/faq-how-to-sideload-apps-on-android-tvs/td-p/2347365

Eddie APK can be downloaded by following the instructions (link provided in our earlier message: https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/29660-using-airvpn-with-eddie-client-for-android/)

Enjoy AirVPN!

Kind regards

Hiya,

Thanks for the link!

I found a few issues, like the first app recommended had been taken down and USB links didn't work.
I finally sorted it by using File Commander and placing the Eddie apk in my Google drive.
I had to enable both FC and App Launcher on the TV as they installed with restrictions.
After that it was plain sailing:-)

@Krebbin

Hello!

We're very glad to know it. Eddie Android runs very well on a Sony Bravia TV X900 we tested, and a couple of users confirmed it works fine in another model (X950H). However, we could not manage to test it in other Sony TVs unfortunately. Can you specify your model, if you don't mind, just to add it in our db? What Android version does it run?

Kind regards