Not connected, Your IP: 34.200.218.187
Sign in to follow this  
John Gow

Eddie v. 2.19.4 Exp build security/crash issues on Linux

Hello friends,

I usually resort to installing the experimental builds instead of posting here, as those have fixes for crash problems not in the stable branch.
Just now, Eddie appeared gray (offline) in the systray. I quit Eddie, but the window persisted, as did my connection to the VPN. This was a new one, but it is compounded by another more worrying bug.
On a couple occasions I have quit eddie and OpenVPN will remain on, when the proper behavior is for Eddie to terminate the processes for which it has been given elevated privilege.
If I logoff with Eddie still on, eddie doesn't know how to deal, and will "crash," while the OpenVPN session remains active.
All this is pretty worrying, as I don't know what the real status of my connection is, if network lock is actually working, etc.
Kernel: 4.15.0-112-generic x86_64 (64 bit gcc: 5.4.0)

Desktop: MATE 1.18.0 (Gtk 3.18.9-1ubuntu3.3) info: mate-panel dm: lightdm
           Distro: Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia

Please let me know if this is a known problem, if  I can give you logs, and if this might be addressed in a coming patch. Thank you for all the work you do!