Not connected, Your IP: 3.138.125.2

DISCLAIMER: this is probably user error ☺️

I installed Hummingbird 1.0.2 on a Pi and I generated a simple ovpn simply grabbing all servers in America. Hummingbird works fine and connects to a server using:

pi@raspberrypi:/etc/init.d $ sudo /usr/bin/hummingbird /etc/airvpn/ovpn/AirVPN_America_UDP-443.ovpn 

When I try to force using ChaCha it still connects successfully, but not using ChaCha. I have tried both the extended command and the short one, i.e.:
pi@raspberrypi:/etc/init.d $ sudo /usr/bin/hummingbird -C CHACHA20-POLY1305 /etc/airvpn/ovpn/AirVPN_America_UDP-443.ovpn 

I also thought maybe I had to generate a new OVPN file specific for ChaCha servers, but I did not find a filter in the Client Area.

Any suggestions?

Hi,
When you chose a "global" config file such as America what you get is a normal config file with a special URL in the server section. This URL will automatically resolve to the recommended server in this region.
I don't think this resolution takes in to account you desire to use chacha20 and there are still very few servers that support it.
My recommendation is that you try generating a config file for a specific server that supports chacha20 to check if this works. and use it when you specifically need it.

@mith_y2k

Hello!

On top of what @eburom correctly pointed out, please take care to add option --ncp-disable, otherwise the server will enforce its chosen cipher through ncp, i.e. AES-256-GCM.

In the USA, we support CHACHA20-POLY1305 in a Dallas server, Chamaeleon, so you will need to generate a specific configuration for that server. In the web site servers monitor https://airvpn.org/status you can find (in yellow) all the servers running OpenVPN 2.5 and supporting CHACHA20-POLY1305 on the Data Channel.

Kind regards