Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.58.169
22lr

is eddie safe to use with linux mint 19.3

when you attempt to install any version of eddie  in linux mint 19.3, it requires 30 packages to be installed. they are mono related.they were removed  from basic mint installs as they are a security threat.

reason for asking, is that my  subscription will expire in 6 days. right now i am using brand x vpn ! a lot of connection issues with them !

I think mono is for c# support which now is only used for GUI stuff in recent versions of eddie. So those security threats (not sure about what they might be) should not affect the VPN connection itself.
Anyway, if you don't want to have mono installed on your machine you will have to go for a command-line option.
Let me suggest you check out Hummingbird as an also faster option to connect to airvpn.

@22lr

Hello!

We confirm that Hummingbird does not need Mono, so @eburom recommendation is good to resolve security concerns on Mono (remember anyway that Eddie's part running with root privileges is completely written in C++ and does not need Mono). We would like to add that in June we will announce a brand new software for Linux, a deep evolution of Hummingbird. Even the new software will not need Mono in any way.

Kind regards