Not connected, Your IP: 3.141.202.187
Sign in to follow this  
zactax

ANSWERED EddieAndroid check downloaded files hashes

Hi,
I'm not an android expert, and I apologize for the perhaps beginner's question. I would like to make sure I install a safe version of EddieAndroid in my mobile phone. So I would like to verify the signatures, as I normally do on my linux system with files downloaded from the internet. I don't have playstore so I downloaded the file from here https://eddie.website/repository/eddie/android/2.4/org.airvpn.eddie.apk
and check also here https://airvpn.org/external_link/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgitlab.com%2FAirVPN%2FEddieAndroid
Unfortunately, I didn't find what I was looking for.
I see that here https://reports.exodus-privacy.eu.org/en/reports/88675/ there is a fingerprint. How can I calculate the signature of the file I downloaded? 

$ apksigner verify org.airvpn.eddie.apk
give me a lot of errors
WARNING: META-INF/android.arch.core_runtime.version not protected by signature. Unauthorized modifications to this JAR entry will not be detected. Delete or move the entry outside of META-INF/.
WARNING: META-INF/android.arch.lifecycle_livedata-core.version not protected by signature. Unauthorized modifications to this JAR entry will not be detected. Delete or move the entry outside of META-INF/.
WARNING: META-INF/android.arch.lifecycle_runtime.version not protected by signature. Unauthorized modifications to this JAR entry will not be detected. Delete or move the entry outside of META-INF/.
WARNING: META-INF/android.arch.lifecycle_viewmodel.version not protected by signature. Unauthorized modifications to this JAR entry will not be detected. Delete or move the entry outside of META-INF/.
WARNING: META-INF/com.android.support_animated-vector-drawable.version not protected by signature. Unauthorized modifications to this JAR entry will not be detected. Delete or move the entry outside of META-INF/.
WARNING: META-INF/com.android.support_appcompat-v7.version not protected by signature. Unauthorized modifications to this JAR entry will not be detected. Delete or move the entry outside of META-INF/.
WARNING: META-INF/com.android.support_design.version not protected by signature. Unauthorized modifications to this JAR entry will not be detected. Delete or move the entry outside of META-INF/.
WARNING: META-INF/com.android.support_recyclerview-v7.version not protected by signature. Unauthorized modifications to this JAR entry will not be detected. Delete or move the entry outside of META-INF/.
WARNING: META-INF/com.android.support_support-compat.version not protected by signature. Unauthorized modifications to this JAR entry will not be detected. Delete or move the entry outside of META-INF/.
WARNING: META-INF/com.android.support_support-core-ui.version not protected by signature. Unauthorized modifications to this JAR entry will not be detected. Delete or move the entry outside of META-INF/.
WARNING: META-INF/com.android.support_support-core-utils.version not protected by signature. Unauthorized modifications to this JAR entry will not be detected. Delete or move the entry outside of META-INF/.
WARNING: META-INF/com.android.support_support-fragment.version not protected by signature. Unauthorized modifications to this JAR entry will not be detected. Delete or move the entry outside of META-INF/.
WARNING: META-INF/com.android.support_support-media-compat.version not protected by signature. Unauthorized modifications to this JAR entry will not be detected. Delete or move the entry outside of META-INF/.
WARNING: META-INF/com.android.support_support-v4.version not protected by signature. Unauthorized modifications to this JAR entry will not be detected. Delete or move the entry outside of META-INF/.
WARNING: META-INF/com.android.support_support-vector-drawable.version not protected by signature. Unauthorized modifications to this JAR entry will not be detected. Delete or move the entry outside of META-INF/.
WARNING: META-INF/com.android.support_transition.version not protected by signature. Unauthorized modifications to this JAR entry will not be detected. Delete or move the entry outside of META-INF/.
Thank for help!!!

Hello,

in your Linux computer, check:

$ sha256sum org.airvpn.eddie.apk
600e808c59d29b74ff969fac5add7afcf6ef0d89bddac403c976d3073c0693f3  org.airvpn.eddie.apk

Kind regards