Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.55.169
6V3T8Z35t4KVP1aRtR8i

ANSWERED Possible iOS config generator import issue

Hey community

i might just be missing something obvious but I’m stuck and need help. I’m using iOS 13.3 on an iPad Pro. I’m using openvpn software as suggested by the air guide. I’m using the stock config of openvpn that has worked historically for ovpn import but since upgrading to iOS 13 ovpn files from config generator have not been able to be imported anymore. Here’s my repro:

1. go to config generator 
  2. select advanced ios
  3. select advanced settings (For the purpose of selecting an ip with tlscrypt only, no other advanced settings activated)
  4. Select my connection
  5. select my server
  6. generate
  7. download file
  8. open file in openvpn app (I’ve also tried opening in Passepartout vpn with same results)
  9. ACTUAL RESULT: 528D177E-5C9C-4AFA-A5CC-0E6BAFC7FB3B.thumb.png.785b3afed74c3ca62799632139ea2540.png
  10. EXPECTED RESULT: file imports successfully

ive tried this with multiple different  servers, ips, connections and cannot change the result. I haven’t dug into the file to debug nor do I have another iOS device to compare results. Hoping you all can set me straight. Thanks. 

I sorted it out. Turns out when downloading on iOS directly from the brave browser for iOS the file downloaded is the airvpn 404 page html instead of the actual file. Wonder if anyone else has encountered this. Looks like it's more of Safari being Safari. Sigh.
Compare.thumb.png.66ff976db1fe38db0d67e1f71efcff58.png

The tubes are clogged up message has got a life of its own, it seems. When I click direct post links in my unread stream it's sometimes shown. Removing the /?tab=comments#comment-xx in the URL fixes it. It rarely shows up when normally browsing through the website.
It's not Safari's problem that the HTTP code 500 is thrown (according to the screen). But it's Safari's problem that it downloads the page instead of rendering it.
It's funny that it can even occur on file downloads. :D

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

On 12/24/2019 at 6:48 AM, 6V3T8Z35t4KVP1aRtR8i said:

Looks like it's more of Safari being Safari. Sigh.

I see the same issue on Firefox on iOS 13

Hello!

We confirm the issue on iOS with some browsers, but Safari behaves correctly. We are going to investigate the problem. In iOS, please use Safari to download ovpn files from the Configuration Generator in the meantime.

Kind regards

Had a problem as well but fixed after rebooting iPad and get list of apps up again. OpenVPN was originally missing.