Not connected, Your IP: 18.190.153.51
Sign in to follow this  
filarakia

Servers still accessible from the internet while AirVPN is connected

This is not necessarily a problem - it's actually a very welcome 'feature', unless it indicates a security problem.
With Eddie connected on a Win10 machine where I run a couple of server apps, the servers remain accessible from the internet even while the VPN is connected and ipleak.net reports no leaks. Is this normal behaviour?
I'm asking because I have found that with other VPNs (Nord and Proton), the servers become inaccessible while the VPN is connected.

Hello!

Probably the servers bind to physical network interface, with explicit configuration or through UPnP, and Eddie's Network Lock is not enabled. Thus they accept incoming connections from the Internet and their traffic is outside the tunnel. Can you please confirm that Network Lock is not enabled?

Kind regards

1 minute ago, Staff said:

Can you please confirm that Network Lock is not enabled?

That's right, network lock is not enabled. I will try with Network Lock ON and let you know later. Thank you for the reply, this forum is a great asset.