Not connected, Your IP: 44.211.188.101
Sign in to follow this  
betacat

How To Setup Torrent Clients on A MAC?

I find the instructions for setting up a bit torrent client on AirVPN confusing.

I have a Mac Power PC running 10.4.11. I have both Vuze 4.4.0.0 and Transmission 1.54 iinstalled. Before setting them up for AirVPN, both programs worked fine. Now, Vuze connects but never downloads very well (indicator is always yellow), and Transmission takes ages to begin downloading - it just sits there for 5-10 minutes before starting. Tunnelblick is installed correctly and works fine.

I forwarded the ports as described in the FAQ, setting up Transmission as described here:

<http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/optimizing-transmission-bittorrent-client-speed.htm>

I did the same thing in Vuze, basically using this guide: <http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/optimizing-vuze-speed.htm> ...but I ignored the stuff about changing router settings because that seemed contrary to the advice given in the AirVPN FAQ.

Can someone help me with this?

- Thanks

Thanks ...I have looked at the FAQ, but that doesn't really help me. Do I need to use a Proxy in these programs???

Thanks ...I have looked at the FAQ, but that doesn't really help me. Do I need to use a Proxy in these programs???

Hello!

No, your torrent clients don't have to use any proxy.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information.

Kind regards

I think the problem is port forwarding - it's not working for me. I will contact support...

- Thanks

OK, A followup...

I think my initial problem was due to an oversight on my part; I didn't set a Protocol when adding the port (didn't realize you must use the up/down key to set that), so the port apparently wasn't valid. Once I set it to TCP & UDP and regenerated it, everything was fine.

Thanks For Your Assistance

Vlad

I'm having the same problem as before - I cannot get the forwarded port to work. Either nothing happens or I get timeouts when I try to check the port on AirVPN's ports page - the status dot remains grey (the bottom of the web page indicates that the server is connecting).

I have also checked it in Vuze's NAT/Firewall Test and in Transmission's Network Peer listening port test - both show the port is closed.

I have:

- Checked to make sure the port number entered in both torrent clients exactly matches the one generated by AirVPN.

- Left all windows blank while generating the port

- Turned of my Mac g4's firewall

- Tried several servers; no luck with any

- Tried removing the old port number and generating a new one several times - no change.

Support was able to get the forwarded port to work once, but it recently stopped working and I have not been able to get it to work again.

Any suggestions?

I'm having the same problem as before - I cannot get the forwarded port to work. Either nothing happens or I get timeouts when I try to check the port on AirVPN's ports page - the status dot remains grey (the bottom of the web page indicates that the server is connecting).

I have also checked it in Vuze's NAT/Firewall Test and in Transmission's Network Peer listening port test - both show the port is closed.

Hello!

Can you please tell us in which server(s) you have this problem?

Kind regards

With Support's help, my forwarded port is now working again ...I'm not sure what the problem was. I'm told that a new system for port forwarding will be installed tonight. Hopefully that will improve stability