Not connected, Your IP: 3.142.199.138
Sign in to follow this  
pauljohnson

Slow speeds

I've been having trouble lately getting a fast speed on the UK servers. I'm on a 15 meg line, and I get about 0.6 meg when I connect to either. Looking at the stats both these servers are fast, so what am I doing wrong? I use the latest version of tunnel blick and I'm I've tried jumping between TCP, UDP, and the different ports. In the past I've had these servers running at about 2/3 my broadband speed, which was great.

Thanks for your help.

I've been having trouble lately getting a fast speed on the UK servers. I'm on a 15 meg line, and I get about 0.6 meg when I connect to either. Looking at the stats both these servers are fast, so what am I doing wrong? I use the latest version of tunnel blick and I'm I've tried jumping between TCP, UDP, and the different ports. In the past I've had these servers running at about 2/3 my broadband speed, which was great.

Thanks for your help.

Hello!

Did you change anything in your computer or network configuration when the performance on the UK servers dropped for you? When did it happen? Do you obtain better performance with the NL servers?

Kind regards

I got 5 meg speeds the other night on the NL server, but I'm wanting to access iplayer. I've not used the service to stream video for a while, but I think it was on the old UK servers that I got higher speeds. I have a new computer (also OSX), but as I was saying it was good on the NL servers.

Thanks for your quick reply.

I got 5 meg speeds the other night on the NL server, but I'm wanting to access iplayer. I've not used the service to stream video for a while, but I think it was on the old UK servers that I got higher speeds. I have a new computer (also OSX), but as I was saying it was good on the NL servers.

Thanks for your quick reply.

Hello!

Should you like to test it, we're experimentally working on Aquarii (Switzerland) to allow access to BBC iPlayer from outside UK. We can't guarantee it will work (we're still on a "beta testing" phase) but it's worth a try.

Kind regards

Hi,

I got bursts of 5 meg and an average of 2 on the Swiss server, and I could watch iplayer also! Are there any plans to expand this to other services, in particular sky go?

Hi,

I got bursts of 5 meg and an average of 2 on the Swiss server, and I could watch iplayer also! Are there any plans to expand this to other services, in particular sky go?

Hello!

Yes! First, we still need to solve some technical issues.

Then, we'll open a dedicated forum section for suggestions, reports and services IP ranges detection. This is a huge task, especially for services which check the IP address location even during the streaming, so we are planning to offer the option as a free, additional service to premium members (no additional payments, no different plans) hoping for a cooperation from the community. We think that only with the support and the reports of the community we can make this type of service a reality for a lot of geo-discriminatory services.

Kind regards