Not connected, Your IP: 3.138.179.119
Sign in to follow this  
fugeeman

Routing Servers

On the server status page, there are 3 servers at the bottom listed as "Routing" servers used for double-hop to avoid geolocation censorship. My question is how are these servers used? Can we connect to them? If so, how?

I know my questions seem a little vague, but I am wondering if I can connect to the server closest to me and use the routing server for services that require a US IP.

On the server status page, there are 3 servers at the bottom listed as "Routing" servers used for double-hop to avoid geolocation censorship. My question is how are these servers used? Can we connect to them? If so, how?

I know my questions seem a little vague, but I am wondering if I can connect to the server closest to me and use the routing server for services that require a US IP.

Hello!

Yes, that's exactly the purpose of the Routing servers:

https://airvpn.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=3&id=3837&Itemid=142#3837

It is an additional, experimental service, not reported on the ToS, completely free for premium customers.

The service is not yet active, but first experiments have been successful. Our purpose is to double-hop only what is strictly necessary routing for censorship circumvention, trying to leave to the "normal" routing all the origins which do not perform IP checking. At the same time, we have also to check that we don't add unnecessary routing in IP ranges. It is a long and complex task which requires extended monitoring of the data streams from hundreds or thousands origin IP addresses.

We are going to launch very soon a dedicated forum in order to collect requirements for accesses to geo discriminatory services where customers can report issues, check the working status of the experimental service and suggest new routes to bypass censorship. The plan is going on, we need some more days for more testing, solving some routing problems we are facing and then we'll launch the new forum section.

Kind regards