Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.130.31
Sign in to follow this  
shane_b

[SOLVED] Block all OSX (can't figure it out)

Hey all,

I have read the current forum posts and bits about blocking all traffic if not connected to a vpn using OSX. However I am really new to this and couldn't understand the script let alone getting it to work. Anyone willing to lend a hand ?

Shane

Hey all,

I have read the current forum posts and bits about blocking all traffic if not connected to a vpn using OSX. However I am really new to this and couldn't understand the script let alone getting it to work. Anyone willing to lend a hand ?

Shane

Hello!

You might follow this good tutorial:

https://airvpn.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=3&id=1713&limit=6&limitstart=36&Itemid=142#2532

If you get stuck at any step, please do not hesitate to contact us. Please provide us with as many information as possible about your problem (if any).

Kind regards

Thats the one i'm using. I've gotten as far as installing the script and using waterproof to import the rules however I am unable to connect to the internet and viscosity.

Thats the one i'm using. I've gotten as far as installing the script and using waterproof to import the rules however I am unable to connect to the internet and viscosity.

Hello!

Sorry, it was assumed that you used pf, not Waterrof+ipfw. Those instructions are for pf.

You can follow this:

https://airvpn.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=3&id=1713&limit=6&limitstart=42&Itemid=142#2756

(see also the subsequent messages).

Kind regards

My apologies I was a little vague,

I am using IPFW with waterproof and viscosity. Connecting to my router using 192.168.0.1 subnet mask 255.255.255.0

After following the step by step guide, what I'm not entirely sure on is if the settings are correct as mentioned before i'm using Bootis, Leporis and Vega as my main VPN's connecting to them via port 443 (the script mentions something about 53).

I'll give it another go and see what my outcome is again.

Thanks

Shane

My apologies I was a little vague,

I am using IPFW with waterproof and viscosity. Connecting to my router using 192.168.0.1 subnet mask 255.255.255.0

Hello!

Fine, just check that your device IP is defined as 192.168.0.0/24 in ipfw rules (192.168.0.0/16 would anyway work, it's just bigger).

After following the step by step guide, what I'm not entirely sure on is if the settings are correct as mentioned before i'm using Bootis, Leporis and Vega as my main VPN's connecting to them via port 443 (the script mentions something about 53).

I'll give it another go and see what my outcome is again.

Just connect to the port which gives you best performance. If your ISP does not perform any port shaping, ports 53 and 443 will give you the same performance.

You might also like to check the Vega, Bootis and Leporis entry IP addresses:

Bootis 31.193.12.74

Leporis 95.211.191.33

Vega 69.163.36.66

EDIT: this is jessez's script with clear and explanatory comments:

https://airvpn.org/media/kunena/attachments/33554/AirVPN-CommandlineDocumentation.txt

Kind regards

Hello

I've done it! thanks for your help talking it out (or typing) helped me see my errors and i'm now fully setup. I must say it's mighty quick responses you're giving to helping out users. Expect all my money coming you way

Shane