Not connected, Your IP: 18.224.95.38
Sign in to follow this  
XQWeir97

Should we use Comodo's DNS servers?

When Comodo's firewall installs we have the option to use their DNS servers. Should we do this?

Thanks

Laurelli

<my rant>Privacy is a right and expectation that the citizens of the world once enjoyed, but took for granted, and have lost. Today we are made to believe that we only need privacy if we are doing something wrong. I do not believe this lie. Today we are told by our governments that we can have no expectations of privacy, for our own "safety" and for "the greater good" of society. Personally, I don't need a big brother to protect me, and I will NEVER choose to surrender my rights and my liberties for so-called safety and security from a boogie man. I will continue to use services, such as AirVpn, in order to exercise my right and expectation of privacy. Would that the sheep would learn.</end rant>

When Comodo's firewall installs we have the option to use their DNS servers. Should we do this?

Thanks

Hello!

In general no, you should not (anyway you can change your mind whenever you wish) because in that case DNS queries and answers will be tunneled through servers, instead of resolving names directly with our DNS, with a slight performance decrease. Please note that if you wish to use Comodo DNS, you will have to force them on your TAP-Win32 adapter, because our OpenVPN servers will always push the internal DNS server IP address https://airvpn.org/specs

Kind regards