Not connected, Your IP: 3.129.249.105
Sign in to follow this  
funkdoctor

Port forwarding - Already reserved

When I try to add the port 2242 to my list of forwarded ports, I get an error "Already reserved" (no matter which protocol I choose). According to the description, the port should be available, since it's above 2048. Is this a somehow reserved port nevertheless?

Thank you for your help

Map a different remote port to your local 2242 port.

Activate the service listening on 2242 and check again Forwarded ports im member area

Thanks for your reply. I could do that, but the problem is that I try to connect to a server, which only listens on port 2242. So if I assign a different remote port to my local 2242, that remote port is used to connect to the server from the vpn endpoint. The server will then refuse my connection, since it's not on the listening port 2242. Or am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks for your reply. I could do that, but the problem is that I try to connect to a server, which only listens on port 2242. So if I assign a different remote port to my local 2242, that remote port is used to connect to the server from the vpn endpoint. The server will then refuse my connection, since it's not on the listening port 2242. Or am I misunderstanding something?

You are not misunderstanding.

Ex. If you activate a ssh daemon on your local 2242 mapped to remote 3333, you should open a ssh session on port 3333 of the vpn server.

If you can't change your service port or tell the clients you are using a different port you can't connect from outside

Hello!

Please clarify: is the service which listens to port 2242 running in a server connected as an OpenVPN client to one of our Air servers or not?

Kind regards

Please clarify: is the service which listens to port 2242 running in a server connected as an OpenVPN client to one of our Air servers or not?

No, the server is not connected by OpenVPN to one of the Air servers. It's just your average server out there which happens to listen to port 2242

No, the server is not connected by OpenVPN to one of the Air servers.

Hello!

In this case you don't need to remotely forward port 2242.

It's just your average server out there which happens to listen to port 2242 :)

Not necessarily. Port 2242 is reserved to some other client and it is dynamically forwarded to that client only when it is connected and only on the server it connects to.

Kind regards