Not connected, Your IP: 18.191.44.23
Sign in to follow this  
l33t

Problems Connecting

I am trying to get my new AirVPN service up and running, but I have run into a few problems:

1. I accidentally pressed connect on the wrong server, and tried to press the disconnect button literally less than a second after clicking the connect button, and now AirVPN won't let me log on as it says "You are already connected". Could you guys force log me out of the system or something?

2. I noticed in your instructions on using Comodo to block leaks, you instruct users to put a rule in to allow communication with the router (ex. 192.168.0.1) but what if we are on a corporate or university internet where there is no physical connection to a router, instead the CAT5 ethernet cord connects to a data port on the wall? What rule should we create in this instance?

I am trying to get my new AirVPN service up and running, but I have run into a few problems:

1. I accidentally pressed connect on the wrong server, and tried to press the disconnect button literally less than a second after clicking the connect button, and now AirVPN won't let me log on as it says "You are already connected". Could you guys force log me out of the system or something?

Hello!

The operation you performed should give you no problems. If you still can't connect to our servers, please send us the Air (or OpenVPN) logs.

2. I noticed in your instructions on using Comodo to block leaks, you instruct users to put a rule in to allow communication with the router (ex. 192.168.0.1) but what if we are on a corporate or university internet where there is no physical connection to a router, instead the CAT5 ethernet cord connects to a data port on the wall? What rule should we create in this instance?

Basically nothing changes. You will have to know some parts of your network, though, just in case you'll need additional allow rules to communicate with your gateway, or with the corporate proxy (if any).

Kind regards

Okay, I am able to connect now, but I am still unable to get firefox to go to any site except AirVPN.org.

I've looked into the Comodo firewall log, and I have hundreds of logged block events for application "Windows Operating System" protocol: UDP coming from what appears to be my old IP address, going to another IP that has the same first 3 IP sections as my old IP but the 4th section is a little different.

I have a feeling this is related to the "You will have to know some parts of your network, though, just in case you'll need additional allow rules to communicate with your gateway" thing you mentioned, but how do I know which parts of the network to allow? I want to be able to have internet access, but I also don't want to add more Global allow rules than I need to.

Okay, I am able to connect now, but I am still unable to get firefox to go to any site except AirVPN.org.

I've looked into the Comodo firewall log, and I have hundreds of logged block events for application "Windows Operating System" protocol: UDP coming from what appears to be my old IP address, going to another IP that has the same first 3 IP sections as my old IP but the 4th section is a little different.

I have a feeling this is related to the "You will have to know some parts of your network, though, just in case you'll need additional allow rules to communicate with your gateway" thing you mentioned, but how do I know which parts of the network to allow? I want to be able to have internet access, but I also don't want to add more Global allow rules than I need to.

Hello!

Please send us:

- Comodo network zones

- Comodo global rules

- Comodo application rules

- Comodo Firewall events logs

- Air client (or OpenVPN) logs

Kind regards

I have that information in a .zip file, but I can't find how to attach a file to a helpdesk problem. How do you want me to send you the information you requested?

I realize that I could attach a file to the forum post, but I would rather not have this information available to all the other forum members to download.

I have that information in a .zip file, but I can't find how to attach a file to a helpdesk problem. How do you want me to send you the information you requested?

I realize that I could attach a file to the forum post, but I would rather not have this information available to all the other forum members to download.

Hello!

Yes of course, your care for privacy is absolutely correct. Please attach the file in an e-mail and send it to info@airvpn.org. Ask for and send your gpg public key before sending the file if you don't wish to send it unencrypted.

Kind regards

What exactly is a gpg public key, how do I use it, and how would I go about obtaining it?

I've sent an email with the .asc GPG key file, but have yet to get a response. Do you have an ETA for a reply to my email?

Just be patient, I'm sure they'll answer in a day or two... must be difficult to identify each problem. Most of the time people set it up incorrectly, cause the instructions on the rules are perfect