Not connected, Your IP: 18.221.129.19
Sign in to follow this  
ky7ax

AirVPN US Sirius UDP 443 problems

Hello,

I usually used port 53 but recently when I checked the 'direct_access' page I saw that AirVPN recommends port 443, so I decided to check that.

I haven't check all the servers, but with AirVPN US Sirius UDP 443 establishes connection but web pages are not loading and ping doesn’t work, while AirVPN SE Serpentis UDP 443 and AirVPN US Sirius UDP 53 work just fine.

Hello,

I usually used port 53 but recently when I checked the 'direct_access' page I saw that AirVPN recommends port 443, so I decided to check that.

I haven't check all the servers, but with AirVPN US Sirius UDP 443 establishes connection but web pages are not loading and ping doesn’t work, while AirVPN SE Serpentis UDP 443 and AirVPN US Sirius UDP 53 work just fine.

Hello!

We don't detect any problem with Sirius port 443 UDP. We have been testing the server and the port since the time of your writing. Previously and currently more than 60 OpenVPN clients have been finely exchanging data on it. Can you please check your routing table after the connection?

Kind regards

This exact same thing happened to me (I was just looking around at which server to use last night). Same server & UDP 443 (I didn't try other ports, though). I think it's related to DNS. I forced it to use google DNS for testing (8.8.8.8), and it worked. So, something weird with the DNS, maybe. I didn't go into it extensively because I found a better server anyway.

Thanks.

Yeah! Something is wrong with the DNS servers...pages not loading for me sometimes. Can I just use any DNS server by putting it in the TAP-Win32 Adapter V9 settings under DNS-server?

Thank you.

Yeah! Something is wrong with the DNS servers...pages not loading for me sometimes. Can I just use any DNS server by putting it in the TAP-Win32 Adapter V9 settings under DNS-server?

Thank you.

Hello!

We don't detect any problem with DNS. Can you please check the DNS push from Sirius on port UDP 443 and send us the output of "ipconfig /all" for the TAP-Win32 adapter? If the DNS push is successful, you should see the address 10.4.0.1 as DNS server of the adapter. If not, please check that the adapter accepts the push.

Kind regards

Oh no, I'm sure there is no problem with the push and I wasn't referring to Sirius or any specific port either, though I always use UDP443

. It's just something I noticed lately on basically all servers I use, mostly NL/UK. The connection is fine, but sometimes the websites don't load anymore. Disconnecting solves it instantly and after reconnecting its fixed too. But pls don't worry about it, I'm happy using a public DNS, was just wondering if I have to manually change it in the tap-adapter settings.

thank you

Edit: Ok, I'm using openDNS now and it seems to be both faster and more stable. I just changed the IP in the adapter settings. It fixed my DNS leak as well, which I was getting sometimes.

Oh no, I'm sure there is no problem with the push and I wasn't referring to Sirius or any specific port either, though I always use UDP443

. It's just something I noticed lately on basically all servers I use, mostly NL/UK. The connection is fine, but sometimes the websites don't load anymore. Disconnecting solves it instantly and after reconnecting its fixed too. But pls don't worry about it, I'm happy using a public DNS, was just wondering if I have to manually change it in the tap-adapter settings.

thank you

Hello!

Sure, of course you can force any DNS you like on your TAP-Win32 adapter, your query will be sent encrypted in the tunnel to our servers, forwarded to your favorite DNS server and the answer sent back encrypted to your client. No problems in resolution, no privacy problems (your ISP will NOT see the queries), however please note that in this way you will no more use our anti-ICE seizure system. Try "rojadirecta.com" for testing purposes to understand what we mean.

Kind regards

Yeah, that sounds good, except for the last part!

I don't have a clue what this system is and what it does. The site you mentioned has been seized by the ICE, whatever that is Maybe you could explain which advantage there is to using the DNS you push automatically.

Thank you

Yeah, that sounds good, except for the last part!

I don't have a clue what this system is and what it does. The site you mentioned has been seized by the ICE, whatever that is :p Maybe you could explain which advantage there is to using the DNS you push automatically.

Thank you

Hello!

Please read here:

https://airvpn.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=3&id=852&Itemid=142

Kind regards