Not connected, Your IP: 18.116.8.110
Sign in to follow this  
dmd

Low Speed When Using TCP

hi,

i currently have the problem that my tcp speed is fairly slow compared to what i am getting when using UDP. is this normal? UDP is ~8MB/s; TCP is ~1.9MB/s. i googled the problem and found this: http://forums.openvpn.net/topic8196.html , but surely you guys have that option set already? any thoughts?

(i would like to use TCP instead of UDP because i have disconnection problems as soon as i upload large files over UDP)

thanks in advance

hi,

i currently have the problem that my tcp speed is fairly slow compared to what i am getting when using UDP. is this normal? UDP is ~8MB/s; TCP is ~1.9MB/s. i googled the problem and found this: http://forums.openvpn.net/topic8196.html , but surely you guys have that option set already? any thoughts?

(i would like to use TCP instead of UDP because i have disconnection problems as soon as i upload large files over UDP)

thanks in advance :)

Hello!

Since you have disconnection issues with UDP, your connection may have a very high percentage of lost packets. TCP fixes the problem at the price of a full-error correction, so the packet you lose are sent again, introducing a big overhead. Maybe you can have a better connection with different servers? If you have problems with all the servers, then it's a problem with your ISP or with home lines.

About MTU size, it's 1500. You can try lower values to test. If you notice, in your logs, "Replay backtrack window occurred" when you're connected via UDP, then that might be the problem.

Kind regards