Not connected, Your IP: 18.220.64.128
Sign in to follow this  
Wieschie

Disconnecting problems

I cannot stay connected to AirVPN for very long.

Initially I have no problem connecting, but after a short while (generally under 10 minutes) my client disconnects and tries to reconnect but fails. If I close the client I can't get internet access on my local network either - I have to restart my computer to get any internet access at all.

I am running the 1.7 AirVPN client on Windows 7 64 bit. This problem occurs on all servers.

I cannot stay connected to AirVPN for very long.

Initially I have no problem connecting, but after a short while (generally under 10 minutes) my client disconnects and tries to reconnect but fails. If I close the client I can't get internet access on my local network either - I have to restart my computer to get any internet access at all.

I am running the 1.7 AirVPN client on Windows 7 64 bit. This problem occurs on all servers.

Hello!

If a disconnection occurs, OpenVPN re-establishes the previous routing table and tries immediately to perform a new connection. The fact that you have to reboot might suggest that you have some crash in your system, especially considering the fact that nothing in our servers pushed routes affects your local network (unless you have a conflicting network in 10.4.0.0 -> 10.9.255.255). Can you please send us the Air client logs?

Also, it's worth trying a connection to a TCP port (if you did not try it yet) in order to check whether it mitigates the problem.

Kind regards

I will reconnect and post the logs when I get the error. Is it possible to connect with TCP via the client or do I need to use openvpn?

I have been connected for 4 hours without trouble. This is the only time I have not tried to torrent while connected. Tomorrow I will experiment more with UTorrent (v3.2) and see if that's involved in the problems.

I will reconnect and post the logs when I get the error. Is it possible to connect with TCP via the client or do I need to use openvpn?

Hello!

With the Air client, you can select the connection port in the "Modes" tab.

Kind regards

Here are the logs from both udp and tcp connections (sadly tcp had a similar problem).

TCP: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=FxNc81PM

UDP: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=6Jn1QLyf

Hello!

None of the logs you linked pertains to TCP connections, they both show Vega / 443 UDP connections. While the second linked log shows problem in your connectivity, the first log is just fine, it shows that you could stay connected for hours, from 10:45 AM till 2:09 PM (the TLS renegotiation is ok, it happens every hour for additional security, with overlapping windows in order to cause no delays or latency). So the problem appears to be inconstant.

Can you please try a connection to a TCP port to make a comparison?

Kind regards

I'm not sure what happened the first time I tried tcp but it seems to be working well now. Thanks, and sorry for the trouble