Not connected, Your IP: 3.21.93.44
Sign in to follow this  
plucas

AirVPN over another VPN

Hi,

I'm liking airVPN and will continue with the service. I have another VPN provider that I'm keen to test (as an additional layer of anonymity) using simultaneous connections (i.e Other VPN -> airVPN). In Viscosity I've tried connecting the other VPN and then airVPN once the initial connection is established. It tells me I have two active connections, but I can't ping anything. Both services work fine independently. I'm assuming this sort of setup is possible? Is there something I need to tweak in settings somewhere?

I know I could try TOR, but figure this is an equivalent setup once working.

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm liking airVPN and will continue with the service. I have another VPN provider that I'm keen to test (as an additional layer of anonymity) using simultaneous connections (i.e Other VPN -> airVPN). In Viscosity I've tried connecting the other VPN and then airVPN once the initial connection is established. It tells me I have two active connections, but I can't ping anything. Both services work fine independently. I'm assuming this sort of setup is possible? Is there something I need to tweak in settings somewhere?

I know I could try TOR, but figure this is an equivalent setup once working.

Thanks.

Hello!

While OpenVPN supports multiple VPN connections with multiple TUN/TAP adapters and it also supports connections over proxies, it is not designed to chain VPNs ("OpenVPN over OpenVPN"). You should make your own reasearch in order to check if that is even possible.

Kind regards

Thanks for your reply. I'm obviously confused - can you explain what is meant by this setup:(http://torrentfreak.com/how-to-make-vpns-even-more-secure-120419/)

“If you don’t trust your VPN provider 100%, use two VPNs,” explains Felix from VPNetMon. “This way you are tunneling your already encrypted connection through another tunnel.” In Windows this is easily achieved. First, simply set up at least two VPN accounts as normal (if you’d like an extra one for testing purposes you can get a free limited account from VPNReactor). Then connect to one VPN, and when complete connect to another without disconnecting the first. Like magic, a tunnel through a tunnel.

Thanks for your reply. I'm obviously confused - can you explain what is meant by this setup:(http://torrentfreak.com/how-to-make-vpns-even-more-secure-120419/)

“If you don’t trust your VPN provider 100%, use two VPNs,” explains Felix from VPNetMon. “This way you are tunneling your already encrypted connection through another tunnel.” In Windows this is easily achieved. First, simply set up at least two VPN accounts as normal (if you’d like an extra one for testing purposes you can get a free limited account from VPNReactor). Then connect to one VPN, and when complete connect to another without disconnecting the first. Like magic, a tunnel through a tunnel.

Hello!

Can you please inquire Felix on how to achieve this with OpenVPN? In the statement he does not specify any detail, so it's not easy to interpret his words (unless he refers to PPTP, which we throw away for security reasons).

Kind regards