Not connected, Your IP: 3.149.251.155

ipb_header.png

Hello!

This is just a short FAQ for Eddie Android, which is developed by AirVPN and first launched in 2018. I'll expand upon the FAQ as needed.

Make sure to keep an eye on the News & Announcements forum for the latest updates.

How do I fix an issue I'm having with the Master Password Feature or can I disable the Master Password?
Why is a Master Password even required?
Will Eddie be available for Apple iOS?

Not until Apple changes its restrictive policies. But Eddie for desktop is available on MacOS/Macbooks otherwise. This is due to mobile and desktop systems being different.

Does it have a Network Lock/Killswitch/Leaks prevention feature like desktop Eddie?
As with the Master Password, it's a possibility that being able to opt-out of this feature will be a possibility, despite the security pitfalls for the user.
Note that enabling "Pause VPN when the screen is off" will NOT cause leaks.

Where can I download Eddie Android from an AirVPN source and how do I configure it?
When downloading from AirVPNs own repositories, keep an eye on which version you're downloading.
If I run into an issue, how can I report it?
AirVPN has a bug bounty and vulnerability disclosure program for security issues.
From within the app you can share your logs.[Technical] You may also attempt the use of logcat if the app has crashed.You can also try to submit a support ticket. Of course posting in the forums works too.

Can I use Eddie Android with a different VPN provider?

Yes absolutely. It's usually just a matter of downloading their .ovpn files instead of the AirVPN ones and then importing them.

Eddie Android doesn't work on...
Note that Eddie Android is otherwise stated as being supported on Nvidia Shield, Android TV and other devices.
Sony Bravia Android TVs.

Further ideas, thoughts, questions and suggestions are of course welcome as always.

Please be aware that answers about AirVPN or desktop Eddie can often be found in the guide in my signature.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.