Not connected, Your IP: 3.133.111.85
Sign in to follow this  
FPyro

Authorization failed!?

Hi!

I just got the error "Authorization failed. Maybe you are connecting from another machine".

Why do I get it and how can I fix it?

It worked fine after waking the pc from sleep mode, possibly with a new ip, because my ip changes at night sometimes. Then I dc'ed and wanted to switch to another server and now I get this error and can't connect anymore.

Please help me.

Hi!

I just got the error "Authorization failed. Maybe you are connecting from another machine".

Why do I get it and how can I fix it?

It worked fine after waking the pc from sleep mode, possibly with a new ip, because my ip changes at night sometimes. Then I dc'ed and wanted to switch to another server and now I get this error and can't connect anymore.

Please help me.

Hello!

We have just checked that your account is authorized to access all the servers and that, at the time of writing, is not connected to any server. Can you please try a connection to a TCP port and send us the attempted connection logs?

Kind regards

Waiting for a few minutes seemed to have solved this problem...not noticed it before, because I don't switch servers that much usually, but I'll just wait a bit next time before connecting to a new server.

There is one other very strange problem which I have experienced a few times recently: When trying to connect, it keeps telling me "already connected", but the icon is grey and I'm certainly not connected!

Restarting the pc seems to be the only way to fix it...which is a bit annoying of course.

Thanks for your help, I'll send you the logs if it should happen again.

Waiting for a few minutes seemed to have solved this problem...not noticed it before, because I don't switch servers that much usually, but I'll just wait a bit next time before connecting to a new server.

There is one other very strange problem which I have experienced a few times recently: When trying to connect, it keeps telling me "already connected", but the icon is grey and I'm certainly not connected!

Restarting the pc seems to be the only way to fix it...which is a bit annoying of course.

Thanks for your help, I'll send you the logs if it should happen again.

Hello!

Rebooting your computer should never be necessary... can you please tell us what your OS is?

Kind regards

Yes, of course. I'm using windows 7 x64 and it happened again just now. First it is "checking" for a very long time, then the connection fails and whenever I try to reconnect afterwards it says: "already connected", which is not true. Maybe there is some bug with the client? Think it never happened when I was using the openVPN interface directly.

Yes, of course. I'm using windows 7 x64 and it happened again just now. First it is "checking" for a very long time, then the connection fails and whenever I try to reconnect afterwards it says: "already connected", which is not true. Maybe there is some bug with the client? Think it never happened when I was using the openVPN interface directly.

Hello!

It should not be a client bug, because, as far as it concerns the effective connection, the Air client is just an OpenVPN wrapper. The next time you experience this problem, instead of rebooting your system try to issue the command "ipconfig /renew" from a command prompt or the PowerShell (with administrator privileges) and then relaunch the Air client to see whether it solves the problem.

Kind regards

I have experienced all the problems discussed above with the FPhyro regarding the AIR GUI. With OpenVPN GUI and settings. Ovpn, there is no problem.

Maybe all these errors are due to an error when logging on to any server, for security reasons to wait about 10 minutes drive? Would be nice to implement something to directly warn the AIR GUI on this

I have experienced all the problems discussed above with the FPhyro regarding the AIR GUI. With OpenVPN GUI and settings. Ovpn, there is no problem.

Maybe all these errors are due to an error when logging on to any server, for security reasons to wait about 10 minutes drive? Would be nice to implement something to directly warn the AIR GUI on this :)

Hello!

The Air client programmer has been informed about this and will investigate.

Kind regards

Ok, I switched to using the openVPN gui again. The AirVPN Client 1.7 is giving me just too much trouble recently: It just got stuck again on "checking" and after like 3 min. it says the connection to the remote server could not be established or something like this. Then when I want to login again to try again, it says "Already connected"

No way I'm using this again!

The openVPN gui connects sooo much faster and never gave me errors like this! Shame it doesn't show the server load like the AirClient does, but I can always check that on the status site

Thanks for your help anyway.

Maybe it's got something to do with my system, because when I was first using the Air Client it worked fine at first.

Ok, I switched to using the openVPN gui again. The AirVPN Client 1.7 is giving me just too much trouble recently: It just got stuck again on "checking" and after like 3 min. it says the connection to the remote server could not be established or something like this. Then when I want to login again to try again, it says "Already connected" :D

No way I'm using this again!

The openVPN gui connects sooo much faster and never gave me errors like this! Shame it doesn't show the server load like the AirClient does, but I can always check that on the status site :p

Thanks for your help anyway.

Maybe it's got something to do with my system, because when I was first using the Air Client it worked fine at first.

Hello!

Perhaps you've added some firewall rule to secure your VPN connection in case of unexpected disconnection?

If so, try to add to your hosts file the line:

46.105.19.36 airvpn.org

and check whether it solves the issue.

Kind regards

Thanks, but I've not set any rules of that kind since I never saw any disconnect from your server until a few days ago. So 1 disconnect in a few months doesn't seem to justify that...maybe I'll set such rules when it happens more often. With other VPNs I used before I got lots of those random disconnects, but I deleted all those rules long ago and stopped using those unreliable providers anyway.

Your effort is much appreciated, but for now I will just use the openVPN gui which works absolutely perfectly so far...maybe I'll use the client again when there's been some bug fixes/update.

I'm having the same problem.

8/12/2012 - 1:29 PM AirVPN client version: 1.7

8/12/2012 - 1:29 PM Reading options from C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\AirVPN\Air\1.0.0.0\AirVPN.xml

8/12/2012 - 1:29 PM OpenVPN bundle version: OpenVPN 2.2.2

8/12/2012 - 1:29 PM OpenVPN current version: OpenVPN 2.2.2

8/12/2012 - 1:29 PM Ready.

8/12/2012 - 1:30 PM Login...

8/12/2012 - 1:30 PM Login success.

8/12/2012 - 1:30 PM Contacting service...

8/12/2012 - 1:30 PM Connecting...

8/12/2012 - 1:30 PM OpenVPN 2.2.2 Win32-MSVC++ [sSL] [LZO2] [PKCS11] built on Dec 15 2011

8/12/2012 - 1:30 PM NOTE: OpenVPN 2.1 requires '--script-security 2' or higher to call user-defined scripts or executables

8/12/2012 - 1:30 PM LZO compression initialized

8/12/2012 - 1:30 PM Control Channel MTU parms [ L:1558 D:138 EF:38 EB:0 ET:0 EL:0 ]

8/12/2012 - 1:30 PM Socket Buffers: R=[8192->8192] S=[8192->8192]

8/12/2012 - 1:30 PM Data Channel MTU parms [ L:1558 D:1450 EF:58 EB:135 ET:0 EL:0 AF:3/1 ]

8/12/2012 - 1:30 PM Local Options hash (VER=V4): '22188c5b'

8/12/2012 - 1:30 PM Expected Remote Options hash (VER=V4): 'a8f55717'

8/12/2012 - 1:30 PM UDPv4 link local: [undef]

8/12/2012 - 1:30 PM UDPv4 link remote: 46.165.208.65:443

8/12/2012 - 1:30 PM TLS: Initial packet from 46.165.208.65:443, sid=772585ca aca567bc

8/12/2012 - 1:30 PM VERIFY OK: depth=1, /C=IT/ST=IT/L=Perugia/O=airvpn.org/CN=airvpn.org_CA/emailAddress=info@airvpn.org

8/12/2012 - 1:30 PM VERIFY OK: nsCertType=SERVER

8/12/2012 - 1:30 PM VERIFY OK: depth=0, /C=IT/ST=IT/L=Perugia/O=airvpn.org/CN=server/emailAddress=info@airvpn.org

8/12/2012 - 1:30 PM Data Channel Encrypt: Cipher 'AES-256-CBC' initialized with 256 bit key

8/12/2012 - 1:30 PM Data Channel Encrypt: Using 160 bit message hash 'SHA1' for HMAC authentication

8/12/2012 - 1:30 PM Data Channel Decrypt: Cipher 'AES-256-CBC' initialized with 256 bit key

8/12/2012 - 1:30 PM Data Channel Decrypt: Using 160 bit message hash 'SHA1' for HMAC authentication

8/12/2012 - 1:30 PM Control Channel: TLSv1, cipher TLSv1/SSLv3 DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA, 2048 bit RSA

8/12/2012 - 1:30 PM [server] Peer Connection Initiated with 46.165.208.65:443

8/12/2012 - 1:30 PM SENT CONTROL [server]: 'PUSH_REQUEST' (status=1)

8/12/2012 - 1:30 PM AUTH: Received AUTH_FAILED control message

8/12/2012 - 1:30 PM Authorization failed. Maybe you are connected from another machine?

8/12/2012 - 1:30 PM Failed to start.

8/12/2012 - 1:30 PM Disconnecting...

8/12/2012 - 1:30 PM SIGTERM received, sending exit notification to peer

8/12/2012 - 1:30 PM SENT CONTROL [server]: 'PUSH_REQUEST' (status=1)

8/12/2012 - 1:30 PM TCP/UDP: Closing socket

8/12/2012 - 1:30 PM SIGTERM[soft,exit-with-notification] received, process exiting

Tried to edit my above post, but all work was lost after submitting.

Connected O.K. to Omicron after waiting an hour.

Where can I download the older version of Airvpn which worked fine?

My firewall log shows ICMP Type 3, Code 10 packets blocked from my ISP's DNS Servers to 10.4.6.70 which certainly can not be correct.

I've been having these problems myself, using the AirVPN client on a Windows 64 machine. Any time I log off one sever I have to wait for about five minutes before logging in to another, otherwise I get the message that I'm already logged in. Sometimes it tells me I'm already logged in even if I haven't logged in at all for at least several hours. Think I'll try the OpenVPn client too.

On a completely unrelated note, I can no longer see the reply and edit buttons here using the latest Firefox, just have to hover my mouse around where I know they are until they pop up. Could be a problem on my end, though, of course, especially if no one else is reporting an issue....

I can't trust 1.7 because I should never see packets from my ISP's DNS Servers to my Private IP address.

As I said, my firewall log shows ICMP Type 3, Code 10 packets blocked from my ISP's DNS Servers to 10.4.6.70 which certainly can not be correct.

Thank you.

I can't trust 1.7 because I should never see packets from my ISP's DNS Servers to my Private IP address.

As I said, my firewall log shows ICMP Type 3, Code 10 packets blocked from my ISP's DNS Servers to 10.4.6.70 which certainly can not be correct.

Thank you.

Hello!

Older Air client versions are not available in our website. You might like to connect via the OpenVPN GUI.

About ICMP packets from your ISP DNS, there is no correlation with the Air client. See also here:

http://forums.comodo.com/empty-t16873.0.html

When you're connected to the VPN, you can safely drop those packets as you do now. When you're not connected, you might like to accept those packets, because they show some malfunctioning from your ISP DNS (one of your ISP DNS port 53 does not respond).

Kind regards

No I can't connect with the openVPN Gui either...

Tue Aug 14 22:59:25 2012 OpenVPN 2.2.2 Win32-MSVC++ [sSL] [LZO2] [PKCS11] built on Dec 15 2011

Tue Aug 14 22:59:25 2012 NOTE: OpenVPN 2.1 requires '--script-security 2' or higher to call user-defined scripts or executables

Tue Aug 14 22:59:25 2012 LZO compression initialized

Tue Aug 14 22:59:25 2012 Control Channel MTU parms [ L:1558 D:138 EF:38 EB:0 ET:0 EL:0 ]

Tue Aug 14 22:59:25 2012 Socket Buffers: R=[8192->8192] S=[8192->8192]

Tue Aug 14 22:59:25 2012 Data Channel MTU parms [ L:1558 D:1450 EF:58 EB:135 ET:0 EL:0 AF:3/1 ]

Tue Aug 14 22:59:25 2012 Local Options hash (VER=V4): '22188c5b'

Tue Aug 14 22:59:25 2012 Expected Remote Options hash (VER=V4): 'a8f55717'

Tue Aug 14 22:59:25 2012 UDPv4 link local: [undef]

Tue Aug 14 22:59:25 2012 UDPv4 link remote: 95.211.169.3:53

Tue Aug 14 22:59:25 2012 TLS: Initial packet from 95.211.169.3:53, sid=06e0b7b1 55caeaf8

Tue Aug 14 22:59:25 2012 VERIFY OK: depth=1, /C=IT/ST=IT/L=Perugia/O=airvpn.org/CN=airvpn.org_CA/emailAddress=info@airvpn.org

Tue Aug 14 22:59:25 2012 VERIFY OK: nsCertType=SERVER

Tue Aug 14 22:59:25 2012 VERIFY OK: depth=0, /C=IT/ST=IT/L=Perugia/O=airvpn.org/CN=server/emailAddress=info@airvpn.org

Tue Aug 14 22:59:26 2012 Data Channel Encrypt: Cipher 'AES-256-CBC' initialized with 256 bit key

Tue Aug 14 22:59:26 2012 Data Channel Encrypt: Using 160 bit message hash 'SHA1' for HMAC authentication

Tue Aug 14 22:59:26 2012 Data Channel Decrypt: Cipher 'AES-256-CBC' initialized with 256 bit key

Tue Aug 14 22:59:26 2012 Data Channel Decrypt: Using 160 bit message hash 'SHA1' for HMAC authentication

Tue Aug 14 22:59:26 2012 Control Channel: TLSv1, cipher TLSv1/SSLv3 DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA, 2048 bit RSA

Tue Aug 14 22:59:26 2012 [server] Peer Connection Initiated with 95.211.169.3:53

Tue Aug 14 22:59:28 2012 SENT CONTROL [server]: 'PUSH_REQUEST' (status=1)

Tue Aug 14 22:59:28 2012 AUTH: Received AUTH_FAILED control message

Tue Aug 14 22:59:28 2012 SIGTERM received, sending exit notification to peer

Tue Aug 14 22:59:33 2012 SENT CONTROL [server]: 'PUSH_REQUEST' (status=1)

Tue Aug 14 22:59:33 2012 TCP/UDP: Closing socket

Tue Aug 14 22:59:33 2012 SIGTERM[soft,exit-with-notification] received, process exiting

Seriously worried..... Both GB/s servers in Ger and NL refuse me ;(

Edit: Now it suddenly worked again for Castor on UDP 80. Really strange... status said servers were up and enough capacity left?!

I have been complaining about this problem for nearly 6 months now - Paulo why don't you fix it? Such a great service is spoilt by this problem - your 120 sec timeout mechanism just does not work... normal operation of the internet will trigger a disconnect/retry in openvpn and then if the retry fails (but does get to your end) it will retry in 2 secs and always then bombing out as above and requiring manual intervention to restart the service. One can keep on trying to reconnect but your software counts a connection attempt as a connection and restarts the timeout each time!!! One never gets through, unless one goes away for a while and tries again.

Paulo why not broadcast a disconnect existing for a particular account to all your servers when a new connection is established? Would solve this problem and ensure openvpn retry mechanism does work and one would not have to continuously check one's VPN connection.

ed: Perhaps just fixing it so that the timer is not restarted until the connection is fully up and operational (for 60 secs?) will reduce the frustration and probably will stop this particular failure mechanism.

I have been complaining about this problem for nearly 6 months now - Paulo why don't you fix it? Such a great service is spoilt by this problem - your 120 sec timeout mechanism just does not work... normal operation of the internet will trigger a disconnect/retry in openvpn and then if the retry fails (but does get to your end) it will retry in 2 secs and always then bombing out as above and requiring manual intervention to restart the service. One can keep on trying to reconnect but your software counts a connection attempt as a connection and restarts the timeout each time!!! One never gets through, unless one goes away for a while and tries again.

Hello! This was fixed. There is no 2 minutes timeout. Currently the problems are essentially on the client side and (rarely) when a VPN server has connection problems with the backend (we'll solve this very soon as well), however we're installing new software versions on the server side to fix the remaining OpenVPN server glitches. You can test the new version on Orionis and Leonis. If the results are good as we expect, we will install it on all the servers. The beta testing phase has been successfully passed so we put it into production on these two servers 7 days ago to check whether there are negative feedbacks (none at the moment).

Kind regards

Paulo why not broadcast a disconnect existing for a particular account to all your servers when a new connection is established?

Hello again,

the VPN servers don't "know" the accounts that are connected to themselves or to any other VPN server. This is necessary for additional security (no database stored on the VPN servers).

Kind regards

I am using openvpn directly, not the client, the above sequence happened on Castor yesterday?? maybe the day before... exactly as described and I tried reconnecting multiple times, hoping you would notice your end, since there is no logging, guess not... seems to be happening exactly as I have described and there has been no change - I notice the apparent timeout seems to be longer than 2 mins sometimes... among the 1Gb servers the ones least hit are Castor and Sirius, guess that is why they are the most used.

"the VPN servers don't "know" the accounts that are connected to themselves or to any other VPN server. This is necessary for additional security (no database stored on the VPN servers)."

Auth is relayed back to your central server which can issue the disconnect for just a hash of the previously authorised connection just to the server that was previously authorised - no broadcast necessary. No info stored on the VPN servers. Has the added user benefit that if one forgets to kill the VPN before leaving a site one can still use it from mobile, knowing that your fixed connection has been killed ofr you.

I am using openvpn directly, not the client, the above sequence happened on Castor yesterday?? maybe the day before... exactly as described and I tried reconnecting multiple times, hoping you would notice your end, since there is no logging, guess not... seems to be happening exactly as I have described and there has been no change - I notice the apparent timeout seems to be longer than 2 mins sometimes... among the 1Gb servers the ones least hit are Castor and Sirius, guess that is why they are the most used.

Hello!

Castor had problems for less than 15 minutes due to unknown reasons (probably related to the datacenter). When we realized the problem and started investigating, the issue was already solved, so we did not publish any announcement.

Has the added user benefit that if one forgets to kill the VPN before leaving a site one can still use it from mobile, knowing that your fixed connection has been killed ofr you.

We have discussed between us about this and we found it quite questionable, if not totally unacceptable. Basically, we considered that if a user forgets the connection on, he/she may as well forget his/her p2p client or anything else running. Forcing a disconnection, and therefore potentially causing an IP leak (or a stop of activities if the user secured the connection with a firewall), and/or ports and services exposure etc. is an intrusive behavior which we consider dangerous, sort of undue "baby sitting".

Kind regards