Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.131.28
random_user_2019

ANSWERED Virgin Media downgrading AirVpn traffic on 350mbit only!

Hi,

I was on Virgin Media's 100/6 mbit service, AirVPN, connected via OpenVPN on R700 router running DD-WRT. I would reliably get 90+ down and 6up, this was irrespective on TCP/UDP option. This was great.

A few days ago I upgraded to the new 350/20 mbit service. I get the full 20 up, but the down is limited to 50 via AirVPN, I switched from UDP to TCP and it went up to 70.

The VM service is working as I am getting 350/20 when connected directly.

I have tried.

1. Multiple servers in different countries.

2. UDP/TCP option

3. Different ports

4. Reset router

5. Used Eddie directly on server rather than through DD-WRT.

My conclusion is that only on the 350 service VM are limiting the speed, and that are doing this differently depending on the protocol.

I appreciate this is not an AirVPN issue, but maybe someone on here has some advice.

Thanks

Hello!

Have you also tested connections to port 443 of entry-IP address 3, in TCP? If so, can you please report back?

Connections to entry-IP address 3 feature "tls-crypt", which encrypts the whole OpenVPN Control Channel, making OpenVPN fingerprint no more detectable (not even by DPI). OpenVPN 2.4 or higher version is required.

Kind regards

Thanks,

For reasons unknown, this afternoon it kicked in at full speed without making the changes you suggested.

I am now getting 120mbit to 280mbit up depending on the server.

I wonder if this was related to the speed upgrade only occurring yesterday. I will monitor it carefully over the next few weeks and if this issue reoccurs I will post again.