Not connected, Your IP: 18.225.35.81
Sign in to follow this  
sunnymorning

request for multiple connections from one account

id appreciate it as others would too id asume if one could login to multiple servers from different pcs from one account , say i got ddwrt setup on my router at home and while my family uses that i want to use airvpn on my laptops wifi while on the road

id appreciate it as others would too id asume if one could login to multiple servers from different pcs from one account , say i got ddwrt setup on my router at home and while my family uses that i want to use airvpn on my laptops wifi while on the road

Hello!

We're sorry, we don't provide multiple simultaneous accesses with the same account.

Kind regards

meaning no connecting to ddwrt at home and while on the road connecting to airvpn too, that kinda sucks , i hope this will be taken into consideration id appreciate it

meaning no connecting to ddwrt at home and while on the road connecting to airvpn too, that kinda sucks , i hope this will be taken into consideration id appreciate it

Hello!

We have chosen a different model:

- no traffic limit at all

- no bandwidth limitations or caps

- unlimited devices connected from the same network (like you can do with DD-WRT or with a dedicated server/VPS of yours)

- very low prices

- connections to servers in datacenters with POPs connected to tier1 providers

- same account usable from anywhere

- no constraints to use proprietary software

- no protocols discriminations

- no denial of connection nor bandwidth caps from dedicated servers connections

- guaranteed bandwidth allocation

- no overselling

- real time report on servers load via website to everyone

- allowance of services behind our servers

- no logs

- very careful privacy protection and security hardening

- no denial of connections from TOR nodes

- NO multiple connections with the same account. This is clearly stated in the ToS that you accepted when you subscribed.

As far as we know no consumers VPN provider in the world offers all the above features, not even for higher prices.

Multiple connections with the same account can cause multiple problems: enormous overhead to guarantee allocated bandwidth, hidden multiple account resales to uninformed people and potential security issues for key sharing.

An old proverb:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Have_one%27s_cake_and_eat_it_too

Kind regards

I'm very happy with the current model and it's absolutely not necessary to have 2 or more connections in my opinion.

When you are at home, you can hardly be on the road at the same time...therefore you can only need 1 connection.

Also, if they allowed more than one connection, you could share your account with other people who don't pay for it...potentially overloading the servers.

I too think AirVPN's stance on this is reasonable.

If you need a 2nd connection, i'm pretty sure you can purchase a 2nd account.

As far as I see it, 1 connection per account is the best way to avoid overloading the servers and gives the best way of knowing when an extra server might be needed. You can increase in proportion to the number of subscribers.

Simple really.

I would also like to have more than one login to use AirVPN as I have it set up on my router at home, but it would be handy for sometimes using when out and about. I can understand why this is not offered though as it would obviously be abused.

AirVPN offers a great service at a price which is also really good, so if I start using internet away from home a lot I will just buy a second subscription to support a good company which defends our privacy!

For 15€ for 3 month you can effort a second account. Most other VPN providers give you one connection for at least 25€ for 3 month and more. Maybe a purchasable upgrade would be a good idea, like lets say for 10-12€ you can get a second connection account for your account for a 3 month period so you only have 1 account with 2 connections possible (i.e. your homesystem is connected and you are somewhere else and can have a connection with your laptop/smartphone - in my case it would be one of my SGS2/3 smartphones. ^^). That would be nice, but that is something the AirVPN admins and salesteam has to think about.

i agree you get a lot for you money as it is

as admin says if you really need to connect to the vpn when you on the road you could set up a vpn of your own which gets its internet connection through airvpn, that way you will be able to have an unlimited amount of devices connected

but that would require a bit of knowledge and a server running 24/7 witch might not cost that much less then a second acount

another sulotion could be that airvpn offers a second account for about a euro or two a mouth with a bandwidth limitation of 1mbit so you can acess the server on the road for cheap without a big risk of abuse

but im afraid that this would be a lot of work for airvpn and it might not be worth it for them

thats what i meant an upgrade to my account , that id like , and thus no abuse posibility

only to add 1 more pc being allowed to connect its not like its that difficult a thing to do for airvpn , and i never complained about airvpns awesome offering for the price just wanted to be able to have atleast 2 pcs being able to connect to one account id even pay for the upgrade no question asked , im sure this would be liked by other members that travel abroad every so often , then my family at home can use the internet and be protected on all theyre devices while im away and i too have my peace of mind without having to buy a complete seperate account

p.s: i always buy 1 year subscriptions , hell if there was 2 years id go for 2

fyi just so you know i recommend airvpn to all of my family and friends online and real life , i too am doing my part in helping out as much as i can

thats what i meant an upgrade to my account , that id like , and thus no abuse posibility

only to add 1 more pc being allowed to connect its not like its that difficult a thing to do for airvpn , and i never complained about airvpns awesome offering for the price just wanted to be able to have atleast 2 pcs being able to connect to one account id even pay for the upgrade no question asked , im sure this would be liked by other members that travel abroad every so often ;) , then my family at home can use the internet and be protected on all theyre devices while im away and i too have my peace of mind without having to buy a complete seperate account

p.s: i always buy 1 year subscriptions , hell if there was 2 years id go for 2 ;)

fyi just so you know i recommend airvpn to all of my family and friends online and real life , i too am doing my part in helping out as much as i can

Hello!

Thank you for your nice words.

This is just to point out our strategy, and absolutely not to inflate any bitter controversy. Just giving two simultaneous accesses for each account would imply that, in order to keep the current bandwidth redundancy, we should double the total number of our servers at once, with consequences on the subscription prices.

It is highly probable that a person who travels abroad can afford an additional 3 or 7 EUR for the travel in order to get a second, independent account, while on the contrary it is sure that even the slightest price increase will impact significantly people's budget in several areas of the world.

Kind regards

If you really need multiple, use a DD-WRT router.

AirVPN goes way, way beyond the the price range in value. Most other VPN's cost $10-$15 a month, have shitty privacy terms, non-transparent server usage, many don't support OpenVPN, restrict p2p, etc.

$5 a month is mind blowingly good, so even if you were paying for 2 accounts, it would be the same price, or less than other VPN's.

Well, count me as the second person who'd like to see at least *2* simultaneous logins. Mulvad charges about the same and allows 3. It *is* a royal PITA to bring down the router every time you leave the house *OR* you forget to log off on the desktop and suddenly find yourself at a coffee shop and you do a "DOH!" Love me some AirVPN, but 2 logins would be nice.

JD

Well, count me as the second person who'd like to see at least *2* simultaneous logins. Mulvad charges about the same and allows 3. It *is* a royal PITA to bring down the router every time you leave the house *OR* you forget to log off on the desktop and suddenly find yourself at a coffee shop and you do a "DOH!" Love me some AirVPN, but 2 logins would be nice.

JD

Two solutions for this. They could allow you to log in in multiple locations, and just have it auto-switch the service over. Similar to how Steam works. If you use it on PC#2, it just logs PC#1 out of the service.

You could also just buy a second account. 2 is $10 a month, which is still cheaper or as cheap as most VPN's.