Not connected, Your IP: 18.226.166.214
Sign in to follow this  
parker81

applescript turns off application(s) if VPN fails

I'm wondering if anyone has created an applescript that quits specific applications if airvpn dissconnects?

I've seen this posted in other forums and it looks like a simple workaround to disconnect specific applications without having to configure your IPFW to block all non-VPN traffic. I'd like to try to create on myself but I want to make sure that airvpn's network interface is tun0 before I do - can someone confirm that?

Thanks.

I'm wondering if anyone has created an applescript that quits specific applications if airvpn dissconnects?

I've seen this posted in other forums and it looks like a simple workaround to disconnect specific applications without having to configure your IPFW to block all non-VPN traffic. I'd like to try to create on myself but I want to make sure that airvpn's network interface is tun0 before I do - can someone confirm that?

Thanks.

Hello!

We confirm that our setup uses a TUN interface (routed VPN), not a TAP one (not bridged VPN). The name of the interface can vary according to your system setup, by default anyway it's tun0.

When writing such an application, the key problems to consider are the time between disconnection detection and applications kills or disconnection. We have seen some utilities for which such time is enough to potentially allow leaks. If you opt for application kill, another consideration is the "violence" of the technique, which potentially may result in lost or corrupted data.

Kind regards