Not connected, Your IP: 18.218.169.50

Dear all,

I used OpenVpnForAndroid (v0.7.5) andI just tested eddie and I suggest to improve this new good tool in developpment:

- 1) main requirement: Eddie should offer the capacity to force each application to redirect (or not) in VPN. For example, I need to exclude SMS and audio message application from VPN and force all of them in VPN. As of today, eddie does not provide this function.

- 2) footrint in memory: seveval checks show that eddie took around 50% more in memory than OpenVpnForAndroid (for example, when 169 in memory for OPenvpn, then eddie took 290 in memory)

- 3) not very important: I believe that it 's more user friendly to choose the configuration (ovpn file) in Openvpn than Eddie (not important, just to say it )

So, congratulations for this tool in "beta test" status, it is very good developped -> I look forward using sooner Eddie !

rgds

Dear all,

I used OpenVpnForAndroid (v0.7.5) andI just tested eddie and I suggest to improve this new good tool in developpment:

Hello and thank you very much for having tested Eddie and for your suggestions!

- 1) main requirement: Eddie should offer the capacity to force each application to redirect (or not) in VPN. For example, I need to exclude SMS and audio message application from VPN and force all of them in VPN. As of today, eddie does not provide this function.

This feature was planned and now it works properly. Forget the old "com" application, try the new Eddie 1.0 RC1 RC2. Please see here:

https://airvpn.org/topic/26549-eddie-android-edition

You can define black and white lists of applications whose traffic must be included in or excluded from the VPN tunnel in "Settings" > "Application filters".

- 2) footrint in memory: seveval checks show that eddie took around 50% more in memory than OpenVpnForAndroid (for example, when 169 in memory for OPenvpn, then eddie took 290 in memory)

This is caused by the elephantine dimensions of Mono. Eddie Android upper layer is written in C# so a hundred or more additional megabytes are required for Mono libraries etc. We might change this in the future (it was not an easy choice) and renounce to Mono pachyderm in some future, but not before we reach 1.0 stable version. We are aware that a difference in footprint of 120 MB is a problem in some mobile devices.

- 3) not very important: I believe that it 's more user friendly to choose the configuration (ovpn file) in Openvpn than Eddie (not important, just to say it :asd: )

So, congratulations for this tool in "beta test" status, it is very good developped -> I look forward using sooner Eddie ! :good:

rgds

Very true. However, while Eddie progresses toward integration with AirVPN and therefore making the usage of ovpn profiles not required, this point will be overcome and Eddie will be more comfortable than OpenVPN for Android (at least with AirVPN).

Thanks, keep testing and don't miss the future RC2 which should be released soon!

Kind regards

Hello

-1) ok, I just changed configuation and allow eddie to show all applications through XPrivacyLua

-2) ok, my smartphone is good to accept eddie, no prob

-3) thx for you quick answer

Very good tool in this current version

regards

Hello

-1) ok, I just changed configuation and allow eddie to show all applications through XPrivacyLua :good:

-2) ok, my smartphone is good to accept eddie, no prob

-3) thx for you quick answer

Very good tool in this current version

regards

Thank you! You might like to upgrade to RC2 now. Keep us posted!

Kind regards

I agree with the 3rd one, that it would be more user-friendly to load the ovpn file in OpenVPN and not Eddie but it's a small hiccup, nothing major