Not connected, Your IP: 3.94.102.228
GenericUser1

ANSWERED Anonymity concerns due to portforwarding

Hi All,

So i have set up my router to tunnel all traffic through airvpn and block any traffic outside the VPN Tunnel even in an event of a disconnect. This works really well. For torrenting purposes i have opened a specific port with airvpn and forwarded that to my seedbox at home. That got me thinking:

Since i can change AirVPN Servers as much as i like but still keep that open port, doesn't that mean that the port is uniquely bound to my account? Therefore, airvpn could, without any logs answer the question:

> To which IP, on any server is the port XXXXX forwarded at the moment?

which in turn would deanonimize me wouldn't it? Am I missing something here? Is there anything that can be done in that regard?

Hello!

It surely can lower you anonymity layer and even for other, somehow more serious reasons. That's why we don't log the port history and you can delete a forwarded port anytime. Also, it is very important that you keep Network Lock enabled when you remotely forward port. Really important.

Not that someone needs to worry about copyright trolls and similar bums, but if you need to listen to a port for some very sensitive activity in some hostile to human rights environment, keeping Network Lock enabled and deleting the port soon after the usage may help you sleep slightly more comfortably. Note that for "deleting the port" we mean that you delete it from your account panel as well as you change it from the configuration of your listening service(s).

Kind regards