Not connected, Your IP: 52.14.224.197
Sign in to follow this  
sunnymorning

safest dns to manually enter into wireless ipv4

id like to know wich dns i should enter into my wifi ipv4 settings aka no dns leaks and is it normal for airvpn tap adapter to show as unidentified network ?

id like to know wich dns i should enter into my wifi ipv4 settings aka no dns leaks ;) and is it normal for airvpn tap adapter to show as unidentified network ?

Hello!

DNS is DHCP-pushed by our servers, anyway if you need to enter it manually please see here:

https://airvpn.org/specs

You might also like to read this:

http://www.dnsleaktest.com/how-to-fix-a-dns-leak.php

Finally, in order to prevent ANY leak, even in case of accidental VPN disconnection:

https://airvpn.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=3&id=1713&Itemid=142

Kind regards

thanks that helped abit, now only thing is the dns if i enter 8.8.8.8 airvpn connects , if i enter say 10.4.0.1 it says couldnt resolve airvpn.org , please some advice on this , since manually entering everything will stop dns leaks as confirmed by dns leak test no need for the batch file

and what exactly must i do to block my entire net traffic should my vpn disconnect cause going by this screenshot you was only specifiying a single app not the entire OS net traffic

p.s.: happy user of commodo firewall

https://airvpn.org/media/kunena/attachments/62/comodo_rule1.jpg

thanks that helped abit, now only thing is the dns if i enter 8.8.8.8 airvpn connects , if i enter say 10.4.0.1 it says couldnt resolve airvpn.org , please some advice on this , since manually entering everything will stop dns leaks as confirmed by dns leak test no need for the batch file

and what exactly must i do to block my entire net traffic should my vpn disconnect cause going by this screenshot you was only specifiying a single app not the entire OS net traffic ;)

p.s.: happy user of commodo firewall

https://airvpn.org/media/kunena/attachments/62/comodo_rule1.jpg

Hello!

In order to block all the traffic with Comodo in case of VPN disconnection please follow this thread:

https://airvpn.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=3&id=1713&Itemid=142

Kind regards

is this some kind of joke? youve already linked me to the 9 page Win - Mac - BSD Block traffic when VPN disconnects thread

instead of repeating yourself like a bot , id prefer to speak to a real person for the money ive paid , thank you

once again here is the screenshot airvpn has posted in the above mentioned thread for configuring comodo that is all on configuring comodo , it was application specific , what i want is the entire OS net traffic to stop once disconnected from airvpn

p.s: ive noticed after i came back from work that airvpn was disconnected but didnt reconnect, could it be that your airvpn client 1.7 for windows doesnt auto reconnect ?

this is how you take care of members? is this some kind of joke? i truly hope it is , youve already linked me to the 9 page Win - Mac - BSD Block traffic when VPN disconnects thread

instead of repeating yourself like a bot , id prefer to speak to a real person for the money ive paid, i understand your just the admin but if you cant properly help out then get someone that can like paolo brini or someone that knows what im talking about , thank you

once again here is the screenshot airvpn has posted in the above mentioned thread for configuring comodo that is all on configuring comodo the rest is NOT comodo related , it was application specific , what i want is the entire OS net traffic to stop once disconnected from airvpn , nor has my question on dns server been properly answered either , since ive said 8.8.8.8 as dns works but 10.4.0.1 dont so please help me out with this

airvpn.org/media/kunena/attachments/62/comodo_rule1.jpg

p.s: ive noticed after i came back from work that airvpn was disconnected but didnt reconnect, could it be that your airvpn client 1.7 for windows doesnt auto reconnect ? and is it normal for airvpn to show under wifi as unidentified network-no internet access ? , thou airvpn internet works as should with 8.8.8.8 dns set

this is how you take care of members? is this some kind of joke? i truly hope it is , youve already linked me to the 9 page Win - Mac - BSD Block traffic when VPN disconnects thread

Hello!

We're sorry, we gave an incorrect link. The correct link is:

https://airvpn.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=3&id=2183&Itemid=142

We apologize for any inconvenience.

instead of repeating yourself like a bot , id prefer to speak to a real person for the money ive paid, i understand your just the admin but if you cant properly help out then get someone that can like paolo brini or someone that knows what im talking about , thank you

You're welcome. We avoid duplicates in the forum, if you wish personal assistance please use the "Contact us" form or the Helpdesk in the "Support" menu.

once again here is the screenshot airvpn has posted in the above mentioned thread for configuring comodo that is all on configuring comodo the rest is NOT comodo related , it was application specific , what i want is the entire OS net traffic to stop once disconnected from airvpn , nor has my question on dns server been properly answered either , since ive said 8.8.8.8 as dns works but 10.4.0.1 dont so please help me out with this

Are you connected to port 443 UDP? Can you ping 10.4.0.1? Please note that DNS address is different according to the port you connect to:

https://airvpn.org/specs

p.s: ive noticed after i came back from work that airvpn was disconnected but didnt reconnect, could it be that your airvpn client 1.7 for windows doesnt auto reconnect ? and is it normal for airvpn to show under wifi as unidentified network-no internet access ? , thou airvpn internet works as should with 8.8.8.8 dns set

Yes, auto reconnection is set by default on the Air client.

Kind regards

good to know auto reconnection is integrated , could you perhaps add an option to have all os traffic stopped in the future when not connected to airvpn, then people wouldnt have to update the global block rules everytime your server ips change , ive seen vpn software clients that do this , hope airvpn will improve on this aswell

p.s: manually setting the according dns in my wifi anything else than 8.8.8.8 will not allow airvpn to connect the client always shows airvpn.org couldnt resolve

and about personal assistance i shall take that offer on the contact us option , thanks

good to know auto reconnection is integrated , could you perhaps add an option to have all os traffic stopped in the future when not connected to airvpn, then people wouldnt have to update the global block rules everytime your server ips change , ive seen vpn software clients that do this , hope airvpn will improve on this aswell ;)

Hello!

We're thinking about that. However, the classical system implemented in other clients is not the way to go for security reasons. We are thinking about a non-intrusive way which does not need to invade your system up to the point to kill "-9" your own applications. Anyway the safest and least intrusive method is setting firewall rules, at the moment we strongly recommend this.

p.s: manually setting the according dns in my wifi anything else than 8.8.8.8 will not allow airvpn to connect the client always shows airvpn.org couldnt resolve

Workaround, set your hosts in this way:

46.105.19.36 airvpn.org

Another workaround can be setting your primary DNS to 10.4.0.1 (assuming you connect to 443 UDP) and your secondary to 8.8.8.8.

Kind regards

thanks well heres to hoping you guys get it figured out sooner than later and thanks for the workaround

p.s: one more question of mine that has been overlooked is that the airvpn tap adapter is showing as unidentified network when connected, is this ok?

thanks well heres to hoping you guys get it figured out sooner than later and thanks for the workaround

p.s: one more question of mine that has been overlooked is that the airvpn tap adapter is showing as unidentified network when connected, is this ok?

Doesn't matter; everything, with a few exceptions, works fine. One exception I found is Origin (the EA games Steam-clone). However, the workaround for getting Origin working is manually adding a gateway on the TAP adapter, namely the AirVPN server's entry IP you're connected to. This makes the connection "identified" again, and Origin stops complaining. The reason Origin makes a fuss in the first place is supposedly to stop people from using VPN's to gain access to games not yet released in their country, although the workaround is quite easily implemented.

I wouldn't recommend actually doing this though if your programs work correctly, as it will probably cause some random errors if connecting to another AirVPN server in another country. You'd have to change the gateway again every time; it's just tedious to do every time you connect to another server, not to mention pointless if everything works fine.