Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.178.240
Sign in to follow this  
weeeedA31

Combination of AirVPN with JonDo(Fox) and Proxifie

Hello,

I am new to this stuff and have plenty of problems and questions.

I want to maximise my security and this is why I decided to use AirVPN and JonDo at the same time.

I connect to AirVPN first and from there I connect to JonDo. That means, that AirVPN can see my real IP, but does not know what I am doing, because I surf through JonDo. Right?! Would it work viceversa as well and what are the advantages?

Now I want to use Java and JavaScript as well and I have read that using them people might be able to see my real IP. How do I combinate this? Since I connect to the website do I only need to configurate it for JonDo? Anyway, i tried it for AirVPN, only using this, but it does not work. I add a new Proxy Server where I copy the informations I find under preferences of the AirVPN Software (Server Adress = AirVPN Host, Port = Port and I choose Socks 5?!) and i get this error:

Could not connect to 127.0.0.1:9050

No connection could be made because the target computer actively refused it.

Check your network connection and make sure that the proxy server address and port are correct.

Also the error may indicate that the proxy server is down.

And anyway, what is the difference between None, Http and Socks under the AirVPN settings.

Please help me, I am still so confused...

Hello,

I am new to this stuff and have plenty of problems and questions.

I want to maximise my security and this is why I decided to use AirVPN and JonDo at the same time.

I connect to AirVPN first and from there I connect to JonDo. That means, that AirVPN can see my real IP, but does not know what I am doing, because I surf through JonDo. Right?! Would it work viceversa as well and what are the advantages?

Hello!

Using a proxy for surfing the www will tunnel the proxy over Air only for websites and will not hide your IP address to our VPN servers while you are connected. Anyway, remember that we don't log IP addresses and we don't monitor connections, so our servers will know your real IP address only while you're connected.

If you wish to hide your IP address to our VPN servers even while you are connected to a VPN server, you need to tunnel Air over a proxy.

This is an example to tunnel all your applications over Air over TOR:

https://airvpn.org/tor

If you use Linux or Mac OSX, please read here as well:

https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq.html.en#TBBSocksPort

Now I want to use Java and JavaScript as well and I have read that using them people might be able to see my real IP. How do I combinate this? Since I connect to the website do I only need to configurate it for JonDo? Anyway, i tried it for AirVPN, only using this, but it does not work. I add a new Proxy Server where I copy the informations I find under preferences of the AirVPN Software (Server Adress = AirVPN Host, Port = Port and I choose Socks 5?!) and i get this error:

Could not connect to 127.0.0.1:9050

No connection could be made because the target computer actively refused it.

Check your network connection and make sure that the proxy server address and port are correct.

Also the error may indicate that the proxy server is down.

And anyway, what is the difference between None, Http and Socks under the AirVPN settings.

Please help me, I am still so confused...

If you set the proxy to "None", then OpenVPN will not tunnel over any proxy. This is the most common VPN usage and the one which allows the best performance, without partition of trust.

With "http", OpenVPN will tunnel over an http proxy. With "SOCKS", OpenVPN will tunnel over a SOCKS proxy. OpenVPN must know in advance which proxy type it will tunnel over.

The error message you get can be caused by one or more of the following causes:

- the proxy type is wrong

- the proxy is not running

- the proxy is running but it is not listening to port 9050 (is it listening to another port?)

- the proxy is running and listening to port 9050 but refuses connection on that port (maybe an authentication is required by your proxy? if so, OpenVPN supports also proxy authentication)

Again, if you use Linux or Mac OSX please have a look here:

https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq.html.en#TBBSocksPort

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information.

Kind regards

Heya!

The Jondo client (if paid for the service) runs on port 4001 as a socks proxy. I just tested out the configuration, and all I did was fire up the Air client, configure it to use 127.0.0.1:4001 as the proxy, and pressed connect - done! AirVPN will see the exit IP of the mix you're connected to and you've just added a very strong anonymity layer.

Too bad the JonDo service is so expensive :/ Tor is free, of course, but the speed of the service is almost equal to what you're paying...