Not connected, Your IP: 18.216.94.152
Sign in to follow this  
mrmunch

"Input string not in the correct format"

I can't login using airvpn.exe

I can login here with the same details so it's not my input error. I get the pop-up message, "Input string not in the correct format".

Thanks

I can't login using airvpn.exe

I can login here with the same details so it's not my input error. I get the pop-up message, "Input string not in the correct format".

Thanks

Hello!

That error message might be caused by a corrupt XML configuration file. The Air client has a self-repair function, but probably in your case the self-repair fails. Please do the following:

- launch the Air client

- right-click on the dock icon and select "Logs"

- locate your XML file from the logs and delete it

The client will re-create the XML automatically.

Please feel free to let us know if the above solves your problem.

Kind regards

I have been having the same problem, I get the message "Input string not in the correct format" when trying to login from the Air client. My first login went fine, but after restarting the PC I haven't been able to connect using airvpn.exe.

I located and deleted the XML file listed in the log, but that didn't help.

I have been having the same problem, I get the message "Input string not in the correct format" when trying to login from the Air client. My first login went fine, but after restarting the PC I haven't been able to connect using airvpn.exe.

I located and deleted the XML file listed in the log, but that didn't help.

Hello!

We are going to inform the Air client programmer about the issue. Can you please provide further details (your exact OS and .NET framework version)?

In the meantime, please feel free to use the "Contact us" form to explain your problem (just put a link to this thread) at your convenience. We'll give you a backup account to connect via the Air client. Alternatively, you can connect via OpenVPN directly or the OpenVPN GUI for Windows.

Kind regards

Hi, I'm getting the "input string not in a correct format error" now too.

You advised someone else earlier:

- launch the Air client

- right-click on the dock icon and select "Logs"

- locate your XML file from the logs and delete it

When I right-clock on the AirVPN icon on the start up menu and then select Logs, up pops what looks like an Excel table with 2 columns: date and message. Neither columns nor the rows can be selected, let alone deleted. Am I looking in the right place? If not, where do I find the XML file in these logs and how do I delete them?

Thanks in advance

Looks like Admin went offline. Is anyone else having this issue? And can anyone else answer my question?

Thanks

Hi, I'm getting the "input string not in a correct format error" now too.

When I right-clock on the AirVPN icon on the start up menu and then select Logs, up pops what looks like an Excel table with 2 columns: date and message. Neither columns nor the rows can be selected, let alone deleted. Am I looking in the right place? If not, where do I find the XML file in these logs and how do I delete them?

Thanks in advance

Hello!

You're looking in the right place. The line you wish to find is something similar to:

Reading options from [...]\Users\[...]\AppData\Roaming\AirVPN\Air\1.0.0.0\AirVPN.xml

It appears on the top, just after the initialization.

When you have located it, close the Air client and delete the file "AirVPN.xml".

When you launch the client again, it will re-create the XML (you will have to re-insert your login name).

Kind regards

Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue now as well. I've tried following your instructions by going to "logs" and locating the .xml file, however, there is no way for me to delete it. I'm running Windows 7 (64-bit). Thanks.

Can someone please help me out here? I am experiencing the same issue. I keep opening "Logs" from the airvpn icon, however, I don't even have the option to delete the .xml file. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have been looking for a solution for several hours now. Thanks.

Nevermind, I figured out what I was doing wrong. I finally located the file you were talking about. Thank you.