Not connected, Your IP: 3.133.131.137
Sign in to follow this  
Cleveland

Can I run OpenVPN on DD-WRT while bridge repeater?

My primary router is a combo DSL/wireless router supplied by the broadband provider. Secondary is a WRT310N with DD-WRT in Bridge Repeater mode. Trying to setup the secondary router as the OpenVPN client.

Followed the instructions under "more" for setting up OpenVPN on DD-WRT, but noticed that a number of the instructions are different that what's available in the DD-WRT GUI. Attached are pics of my router setup.

Also, to confirm, I am running firmware "DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/07/10) vpn - build 14896"

Hello!

This thread will help you:

https://airvpn.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=3&id=2621&Itemid=142

Also, please note that the VPN server IP address you have to enter is the entry-IP address of that server which you can see on the configuration file generated by our configuration generator (10.*.*.* is the private network IP address assigned to you).

Finally, make sure that you have copied & pasted both the certificates (from the screenshots, it seems that you copied & pasted only one) and your private key.

Kind regards

Ok, changed the IP address to the one from the AIRVPN generator. The certs and private key are copied correctly, the screenshot just didn't show them properly.

Per the referenced thread, solution 1, I started working on a startup script, but not sure where "/tmp/openvpncl/" is referencing? PC or router? I assume I'll have to put the key and certs in this folder for the script to work.

Ok, changed the IP address to the one from the AIRVPN generator. The certs and private key are copied correctly, the screenshot just didn't show them properly.

Per the referenced thread, solution 1, I started working on a startup script, but not sure where "/tmp/openvpncl/" is referencing? PC or router? I assume I'll have to put the key and certs in this folder for the script to work.

Hello!

/tmp/openvpncl is a directory in the DD-WRT router and you're correct in assuming that key and certificates files must be pasted (or created) there.

Kind regards

I'm also trying to set-up an OpenVPN connection while in repeater bridge mode.

Did you ever get this working Cleveland?