Not connected, Your IP: 3.236.145.110
zidey

Having issues with plex and Airvpn

So basically never used a VPN before, googled and found Airvpn works with plex! YAY!

When using plex, it will show as not reachable outside my network, unless I click retry on the port then it works.

Strangest part is even when it says not reachable it works.

I am now trying to use network lock and plex will flat out not work.

I think as far as i am aware have my port forwarded correctly.

I have picked a port thats avaliable and then picked the local port as the one plex normally uses and put the one airvpn gave me into plex.

Hello!

Welcome to AirVPN!

As you're completely new to this whole thing, you'll likely benefit from taking a look at the guide in my signature.

Otherwise there's some guidance on Plex here, which may or may not be useful. Other guides can be found in the aforementioned signature.

It would be helpful if you could share more details about your setup .

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Hello!

Welcome to AirVPN!

As you're completely new to this whole thing, you'll likely benefit from taking a look at the guide in my signature.

Otherwise there's some guidance on Plex here, which may or may not be useful. Other guides can be found in the aforementioned signature.

It would be helpful if you could share more details about your setup .

My setup is

plex installed on windows 10 64 bit which is my main machine.

I then access plex via multiple devices.

then airvpn using eddie.

I have qbittorrent doing any downloads. I use a random port for that which seems to work and when i check on can you see me, i get "Error: I could not see your service on airvpn ip that its given me on port (----)" which i assume I want?

For qBittorent I would recommend you download the test torrent from ipleak.net and see if it's the Air IP and port which is seen . There's likewise configuration guides for it in my signature.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

For qBittorent I would recommend you download the test torrent from ipleak.net and see if it's the Air IP and port which is seen . There's likewise configuration guides for it in my signature.

Ive just been going through your getting started guide and just got to the bit about the test torrent but it has 0 seeds and 0 peers so the site isnt updating.

Ive followed the guide for the ports on qbittorrent that helped, as im glad as it turns out its supposed to show as can see me.

Am i right in saying if these services show the airvpn ip then my isp doesnt know what im downloading?

(sorry i know ive strayed away from my initial question)

Hm, it should show an IP immediately on ipleak, after you download it. Did you try refresh the site?

Am i right in saying if these services show the airvpn ip then my isp doesnt know what im downloading?

Yes. You're especially well guarded if you use Eddie's Network Lock and bind qBittorents interface to tun0(or similar). Then all your PCs network traffic is routed through Air thanks to NL and qBittorent too. While if the connection to Air drops, then the qBittorent interface which depends on it, would drop too. Thus no leaks anywhere.

There's no need to say sorry. You can ask as many questions as you like. It's just whether or not you'll get an answer in time

Hm, it should show an IP immediately on ipleak, after you download it. Did you try refresh the site?

Yes. You're especially well guarded if you use Eddie's Network Lock and bind qBittorents interface to tun0(or similar). Then all your PCs network traffic is routed through Air thanks to NL and qBittorent too. While if the connection to Air drops, then the qBittorent interface which depends on it, would drop too. Thus no leaks anywhere.

>

There's no need to say sorry. You can ask as many questions as you like. It's just whether or not you'll get an answer in time

Think I have bound it, i have it set to ethernet 3 which is the one eddie is using.

I did try using nord before airvpn which was ethernet 2 but nord wasnt good.

The test torrent isnt downloading which i think is the issue.

Well it works for me - I just tried it. The torrent doesn't necessarily show that it's downloading, inside qBittorent. Instead, address and port information simply appear on ipleak after a little while. If not instantly.

Did you also bind the "Optional IP Address", under the ethernet 3? It will be an Air IP that you can select. After doing so, the TCP test on this site in the port forwarding Area should also show green.

Well it works for me - I just tried it. The torrent doesn't necessarily show that it's downloading, inside qBittorent. Instead, address and port information simply appear on ipleak after a little while. If not instantly.

Did you also bind the "Optional IP Address", under the ethernet 3? It will be an Air IP that you can select. After doing so, the TCP test on this site in the port forwarding Area should also show green.

I havent done that yet.

Whcih i do that I get a bunch of weird code for the ip is that normal?

so it starts fe80:: which seems to be my airvpn ip but with letters as well.

after doing that with the ip i cant download anything

I keep seeing tun0 mentioned but i only have ethernet and tunnel avaliable.

No matter what i do ipleak wont give data for torrent

So suddenly, qbittorrent works when i change to ethernet 3 with the odd ip but the port comes back as not reachable on the portforward page. yet if i set it back to use all addresses it comes back as green on port check.

(sorry to be a pain)

It seems you're on an IPv6 instead of IPv4 address. As you're on Windows, you can go to the Eddie preferences and look for the Microsoft-Only options: "Disable IPv6 at OS level" If you want and see if anything changes.

It seems you're on an IPv6 instead of IPv4 address. As you're on Windows, you can go to the Eddie preferences and look for the Microsoft-Only options: "Disable IPv6 at OS level" If you want and see if anything changes.

It still gives the same type of IP, i feel like im missing something simple..

Well I'm not sure how to change that. If you really want an IP4, you could try setting Eddies>Preferences>Networking>Connection to IP4 only.

Also, if there's connection issues, it's recommended that you share your Eddie logs.

I keep seeing tun0 mentioned but i only have ethernet and tunnel avaliable.

Yes, sorry, this is because tun0 is what is seen on GNU/Linux operating systems, while Windows uses Ethernet 3 or 2 or whatnot.

Also, to rule it out, are you using the latest release of qBittorent? It's easy to forget updating it. You can see the release number on its website.

I did try using nord before airvpn which was ethernet 2 but nord wasnt good.

Did you try Ethernet 2 again? I'm not sure if it changes under Windows.

I also noticed you got UPnP and NAT-PMP checked in qBittorent, in one of your images. It shouldn't be checked.

In your other post in a different thread, you also showed an image of your portforwarding being TCP-only. I recommend setting it to both TCP and UDP. Aka the default.

Keep in mind you're also able to submit a support ticket. So you don't feel too abandoned . I'm sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

No need to say sorry, you aren't required to reply instantly!

After turning off windows firewall everything seems to work, the only issue is that i still only have my own ip to select in qbittrorrent. but ipleak works now

I take that to mean I am all ok now?

If ipleak only shows Air IPs upon testing then yes you're alright. Usually Network Lock will also ensure that it all goes through Air.