Not connected, Your IP: 3.16.31.236
MoldyAcademic

Cannot connect at all ("Route gateway is not reachable...")

So I searched the forum, and the topic comes up often, but none of the advice given there has helped at all. I open the AirVPN client, it tries to connect, I get the error message "Route gateway is not reachable", and that's it. I have had the issue since December, so I have been unable to use AirVPN for two months now. I attached the logs and the system report as a file. I'd appreciate any help.

Eddie_20180203_184302.txt

SystemReport.txt

Hello!

Why did you wait so long while suffering in silence, instead of contacting support?

You could consider downloading the latest experimental client.

Otherwise you can try:

1. Disabling IPv6 on the different networking adapters, by going to their properties.
  2. Disabling and then re-enabling the TAP adapter, also in the networking section. In the TAP adapter settings there's also options for keeping it enabled at all times, which you may try.
  3. Make sure you're properly connected to your wired/wireless connection.
  4. Temporarily disabling any 3rd party security software that may be interfering.
  5. Different protocols, in the Eddie client.

It would also have been helpful if you had told us what advice you had already tried, but no matter. But I commend you for attaching your logs and looking things up in the forum beforehand!

We'll get your problem fixed.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Thanks for the reply!

Why did you wait so long while suffering in silence, instead of contacting support?

First I was very busy with work, then I forgot about it for a while. Just to be clear, that wasn't a complaint, I just wanted to note that it's not a temporary problem with my ISP, or something that could be fixed with a reboot.

I downloaded and installed the experimental client, but that did not help. I already had IPv6 disabled for all adapters. I also already tried to disable and re-enable the TAP adapter before, which did not help. However, I gave it another try and accidently didn't re-enable it before trying to connect. That actually worked -- I got a "Installing Tunnel drivers" message, and after that the client actually managed to connect.

I experimented with it some more now. If I disconnect and try to re-connect, I get the same error message as before, and the client does not connect. Everytime I disconnect, I have to disable the TAP adapter again, keep it disabled, then reconnect.

That's a workable solution for now, so thanks a lot for your help. However, why is it that I have to jumps through these hoops to get it to work? Is there something I can do about it? I have already checked/tried points 3, 4, and 5 of your suggestions, but without success.

No problem .

Indeed, it's a temporary fix, so I can't tell you why it's happening. If it's any consolation, you're not the only one who has had issues with TAP.

You're also welcome to share your logs again, so we can see if anything changed, since it's quite possible to get the same error, but for different reasons.

Ultimately, it may still be beneficial to contact support, as they may be interested in your logs, in order to work with this issue. Perhaps especially if they persist in the experimental client as well, as you say.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Did your situation get any better? Also, did you actually disable IPv6 on TAP as well? (If memory serves, that's sometimes good to do on Windows).

I really can't remember, but if possible, it may work to try run either program as administrator. Perhaps you can try that too.