Not connected, Your IP: 44.192.22.242
Staff

Eddie 2.14beta released

• Still having the freeze issue when unminimizing Eddie after a while. When it happens, the content of Eddie window is sort of transparent. It displays whatever program is beneath or the desktop background if there's none. Plus, download and upload speeds in the title bar are stuck forever. The only workaround I found is to use kill + pid command in the terminal and restart Eddie, otherwise I cannot use the UI at all. There isn't anything relevant in the log unfortunately. The last lines before the issue occurs are:
Systems & servers data update completed
Updating systems & servers data ...

• Still having Eddie randomly disappearing from the running programs applet.

• Still no tray icon.

• System notifications are working fine but are using "Nodoka" theme for some reasons, whereas I'm using "Coco" theme in Control Center > Look and Feel > Popup Notifications. All my programs are using "Coco" theme for notifications, except Eddie.

Arch Linux / MATE desktop 1.20.1 / Eddie 2.14.3-1 / mono 5.10.1.47-1 / openvpn 2.4.6-1

On 2.14.3 "Routes" (outside the vpn tunnel) wont work @win 8.1

EDIT: seems to work after restart

2.14.3 Still has problems with WFP:

Windows WFP, Add rule failed: Interface ID '{xxx}' unknown or disabled for the layer.:<rule name="NetLock - Interface - Allow {xxx} - IPv6" layer="ale_auth_recv_accept_v6" action="permit" weight="1000"><if field="ip_local_interface" match="equal" interface="{xxx}" /></rule> - Stack:    bei Eddie.Platform.Windows.Wfp.AddItem(String code, XmlElement xml)

happy to report that the long standing linux memory leak issues seem to be fixed in 2.14.3.

Portable mono version, Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.12.0.226

• Still having the freeze issue when unminimizing Eddie after a while. When it happens, the content of Eddie window is sort of transparent. It displays whatever program is beneath or the desktop background if there's none. Plus, download and upload speeds in the title bar are stuck forever. The only workaround I found is to use kill + pid command in the terminal and restart Eddie, otherwise I cannot use the UI at all. There isn't anything relevant in the log unfortunately. The last lines before the issue occurs are:
Systems & servers data update completed
Updating systems & servers data ...
  • Still having Eddie randomly disappearing from the running programs applet.
  • Still no tray icon.
  • System notifications are working fine but are using "Nodoka" theme for some reasons, whereas I'm using "Coco" theme in Control Center > Look and Feel > Popup Notifications. All my programs are using "Coco" theme for notifications, except Eddie.
Arch Linux / MATE desktop 1.20.1 / Eddie 2.14.3-1 / mono 5.10.1.47-1 / openvpn 2.4.6-1

Am I the only one having these issues?

I don't mind the system notifications not using the default theme and the tray icon not working. However, having to regularly kill mono/openvpn/airvpn processes and restart Eddie because it freezes or disappears from my running programs list (not to mention that sometimes, the VPN connection also breaks when it happens) is annoying.

Mono got updated to version 5.12.0.226 but it doesn't make any difference for me. This bug is still occurring. I'm no expert by any means and maybe it has nothing to do with mono. I thought I would mention it anyway.

http://www.mono-project.com/docs/about-mono/releases/5.12.0/

https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/mono/

I know it's still a beta but switching back to 2.13.6 stable isn't an option. Network lock feature no longer works here, not to mention that it's quite outdated (still requires gksu etc.).

F 2018.05.16 17:52:06 - /usr/bin/iptables-save: unrecognized option '--wait'
F 2018.05.16 17:52:06 -     Look at manual page `iptables-save.8' for more information.

I may as well use .ovpn files with network-manager, although it's not the recommended way.

As to the tray icon not appearing, I already mentioned this in a previous post but here's the output of:

$ sudo ./eddie-tray
./eddie_tray: error while loading shared libraries: libappindicator.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I do have "libappindicator.so.1" file in the portable variant folder (downloaded from AirVPN website), however it's not in /usr/lib/airvpn (when Eddie beta is installed from AUR). I'm getting the exact same error in both cases.

Setup: Arch Linux / MATE Desktop 1.20.1-1 / Eddie 2.14.3 / mono 5.12.0.226-1

Hope that helps.

Hello.

I installed Eddie 2.14.4 and when I try to exit a message pops up for a split second and then Eddie is in an endless loop of exiting. I have to restart the whole Computer to fix it. I use Deepin 15.5 64 Bit.

Regards

Version 2.14.4 (Wed, 16 May 2018 15:40:42 +0000)

[change] Better check of IPv6 OS support

[change] Linux - Renaming AirVPN -> Eddie

[new] Linux - polkit policy file in .deb and .rpm packages. Resolve some elevation/notification/tray issues.

[bugfix] No bootstrap message dialog

[change] Rewrite of command line parser to fix some Linux bash issue

[change] Linux - Minor changes in some colors (for example Arch with dark theme).

[change] Redesigned About Window

[change] Linux - OpenSUSE specific package, with specific dependencies.

[change] Linux - Fedora specific package, with specific dependencies.

[bugfix] Windows - Fix for "Add rule failed: Interface ID '{...}' unknown or disabled for the layer."

[bugfix] Windows - Fix for "ipv6_block_all already exists"

Version 2.14.4 (Wed, 16 May 2018 15:40:42 +0000)

[change] Better check of IPv6 OS support

[change] Linux - Renaming AirVPN -> Eddie

[new] Linux - polkit policy file in .deb and .rpm packages. Resolve some elevation/notification/tray issues.

[bugfix] No bootstrap message dialog

[change] Rewrite of command line parser to fix some Linux bash issue

[change] Linux - Minor changes in some colors (for example Arch with dark theme).

[change] Redesigned About Window

[change] Linux - OpenSUSE specific package, with specific dependencies.

[change] Linux - Fedora specific package, with specific dependencies.

[bugfix] Windows - Fix for "Add rule failed: Interface ID '{...}' unknown or disabled for the layer."

[bugfix] Windows - Fix for "ipv6_block_all already exists"

System notifications are now using the correct theme (Arch Linux / MATE Desktop)

Still no tray icon though. Same error

/eddie-ui_2.14.4_linux_x64_portable/eddie_tray: error while loading shared libraries: libappindicator.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The tray icon had was finally working for me in 2.14.3.

Now no tray icon again in 2.14.4

Xubuntu 16.04 LTS

2.14.4 will not start. It is not seen in apps.

Looks like something goes wrong with the installation.

2.14.3 gives bootstrap errors.

Windows 10 pro Dutch.

Same problem with Debian Buster.

Cheers leo

Pacchetto: airvpn                                   

Versione: 2.14.4

Stato: installato

Installato automaticamente: no

Priorità: extra

Sezione: oldlibs

Responsabile: Eddie <maintainer@eddie.website>

Architettura: all

Dimensione pacchetto installato: 0

Dipende: eddie-ui

Descrizione: transitional package

This is a transitional package. It can safely be removed.

Excellent! with 2.14.4 I no longer get an error about missing notify-send on Fedora 28 when trying to install the Eddie client

I get a dock icon when its running but its on its own instead of grouped with the favourite icon on my dock like it does for other apps and their icons, the icon for the running instance is also listed as unknown

rQekAJD.png

Confirmed. No IPv6 looping error when waking from Windows 10 64bit sleep mode.  Thanks

Found something else. While Eddie is connected, right-click Eddie in the tray and choose Exit. Eddie disconnects and exits. After restarting Windows with Eddie already configured to start with Windows, it throws a recovery unexpected crash error before continuing to successfully connect.

Update: This was resolved by uninstalling Eddie beta, deleting both xml files -- second xml was recovery -- and reinstalling Eddie beta. That said, a second install shouldn't be needed. The first install was clean with no xml files present.

Eddie 2.14.4 OSX - I've chosen IPv4 only in "IP Protocol used for connection" but i'm still getting IPv6 ip addresses as well IPv4.

Same problem with Debian Buster.

Cheers leo

Pacchetto: airvpn                                   

Versione: 2.14.4

Stato: installato

Installato automaticamente: no

Priorità: extra

Sezione: oldlibs

Responsabile: Eddie

Architettura: all

Dimensione pacchetto installato: 0

Dipende: eddie-ui

Descrizione: transitional package

This is a transitional package. It can safely be removed.

In the lastest release we change the name of the package from "airvpn" to "eddie-ui". "airvpn" package is empty (transitional) and depends to "eddie-ui".

What exactly mean with "It is not seen in apps"? You don't find the application "Eddie - OpenVPN UI"?

I've got an issue with the 2.14.4 portable client on Linux Mint Cinnamon 18.3. I cannot start eddie using a shortcut in the main cinnamon menu (start menu). Even tricks like creating a desktop shortcut to the executable or alt + f2 (run) don't work. All I get is an error message like the one in the attached screenshot. Also it does not make a difference whether I try to invoke the command using either gksu, sudo or no prefix at all.

There are only two ways I can launch the program: either by double clicking the executable in a file explorer or in the terminal.

In the lastest release we change the name of the package from "airvpn" to "eddie-ui". "airvpn" package is empty (transitional) and depends to "eddie-ui".

What exactly mean with "It is not seen in apps"? You don't find the application "Eddie - OpenVPN UI"?

I find Eddie - OpenVPN UI in dmenu but it doesn't run (nothing happens if I select it). I have to run eddie-ui from terminal with root privileges.

Cheers leo

Eddie 2.14.4 OSX - I've chosen IPv4 only in "IP Protocol used for connection" but i'm still getting IPv6 ip addresses as well IPv4.

Correct.

The "IP Protocol used for connection" tell if you want to reach server via IPv4 or IPv6.

If you don't want an IPv6 address, choose in "Layer IPv6" the option "Block" or "Outside the tunnel".

I find Eddie - OpenVPN UI in dmenu but it doesn't run (nothing happens if I select it). I have to run eddie-ui from terminal with root privileges.

Cheers leo

Please try to launch "eddie-ui" from terminal as normal user, and post here the log. And try also "pkexec eddie-ui". Thanks.

System notifications are now using the correct theme (Arch Linux / MATE Desktop)

Still no tray icon though. Same error

/eddie-ui_2.14.4_linux_x64_portable/eddie_tray: error while loading shared libraries: libappindicator.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Please try to download and install the Arch edition (x64) in the download section (just added, force a browser refresh if you don't see it near the Fedora and OpenSuse edition).

Install with "pacman -U ...".

The tray icon had was finally working for me in 2.14.3.

Now no tray icon again in 2.14.4

Xubuntu 16.04 LTS

I just installed XUbuntu 16.04 LTS x86. Confirmed, no tray icon. Will be fixed in the next release.

Not sure if I found a bug. I changed Eddie 2.14.4 Networking IP Protocol Used for Connection to IPv6, IPv4. My take on it was IPv6 preferred with fallback to IPv4. When attempting to connect to Chara, Eddie throws an IPv6 unknown error:

After switching back to IPv4, IPv6, all works well.

Please try to download and install the Arch edition (x64) in the download section (just added, force a browser refresh if you don't see it near the Fedora and OpenSuse edition).

Install with "pacman -U ...".

The tray icon finally works here. I noticed I didn't have libappindicator-gtk2 package installed before, which is now a dependency. I guess that's why the tray icon never showed up for me.

Clicking or double clicking on the tray icon doesn't unminimize the program though. Is it intended?

I'm still getting the same graphical glitches issue after unminimizing it. It happened again literally one minute after installing this special Arch build.

Here's what it looks like when trying to resize the window once it's completely frozen/blank after unminimizing Eddie. The picture in background is my wallpaper. The UI gets completely unusable and I'm compelled to use kill command and then to restart Eddie.

Glitch when trying to display "About" section from a right click on the tray icon:

I never had these UI problems with 2.14.x portable non-mono variant when I tried it for a few days. Which makes me think mono is very likely to be the culprit.