Not connected, Your IP: 52.90.121.17

When I use American servers,  why do Ebay ads keep saying: does not ship to Canada...  like I'm in Canada?  I've disabled ipv6 fully,  in both windows and linux.

That looks like still wide open to me?

Hello,

in our infrastructure America is meant as the continent including all the lands of the Americas. We have servers in Canada and the USA. Maybe your node is connected to some server in Canada.

Kind regards

Sorry,  just need to understand this..  if I use Aquila server in the States,  I may still go through a Canadian node to get there,  and that's what ebay is seeing?  So my actual ip that they are seeing

is the Canadian node I am going through?  If that's the case,  then I should probably only pick Canadian servers,  as there is no point in extra hops through a US server.

Sorry,  just need to understand this..  if I use Aquila server in the States,  I may still go through a Canadian node to get there,  and that's what ebay is seeing?  So my actual ip that they are seeing

is the Canadian node I am going through?  If that's the case,  then I should probably only pick Canadian servers,  as there is no point in extra hops through a US server.

Staff understood you to mean that you were connecting to any "American" server, which could include Canadian servers.

If you are connecting directly to a USA server and you're sure all geolocation databases have the correct location for that server, then it's possible you have a leak.  What does ipleak.net say?

Interesting,  it's giving me an all good.  Only sees me in the US.  Still can't figure out why ebay knows I'm in Canada....

Interesting,  it's giving me an all good.  Only sees me in the US.  Still can't figure out why ebay knows I'm in Canada....

Along the same line, I've always wondered when I use Vancouver servers, that I always seem to get Toronto news?

Are you logged into your ebay account? If so, perhaps your shipping address on record is causing this.

If not, check for ebay cookie(s) from a prior session and delete them if they exist.

Guess we can call this solved.  Because Canadians shop on ebay US all the time,  ebay has an option for American sellers to add "Does not ship to Canada",  so they don't have to deal with customs ect.

Looks like my vpn works just fine....