Not connected, Your IP: 3.14.253.106

When I started using AirVPN about a month ago, there were 5 Chicago servers. It now appears that two of those servers are no longer listed. They are:

Alrischa, and

Baham

These were fast servers for my location. Are they expected to return? Only 3 servers in Chicago seems to noticeably slow down my service.

It wasn't announced but they were removed.  The Enzu servers in Dallas were removed but 10 new ones in Dallas replaced them.  The two dropped in Chicago were also in an Enzu datacenter.

So, 7 were dropped but 10 were added.  I'm sure Air staff think that's a net positive but I agree with you that location does matter.

Hello!

The Enzu servers in Chicago were replaced in 2016 and February 2017 with two new servers. The fact that Enzu servers remained for 5 more months is only a courtesy to our customers. However, we agree that we should have been clearer about the withdrawal of the Enzu servers in Chicago just like we were for Dallas (with proper servers monitor warning).

We apologize, we just want to underline that we announced the imminent withdrawal anyway when we put new servers operational - we failed to do that in the servers monitor though.

Kind regards

Thanks for the update. Apparently those servers were still hanging around when I switched from IPVanish to AirVPN. In fact, the performance of Alrishcha was one of the reasons I switched.

It may be my imagination; but it seems like the remaining Chicago servers are slower (especially on the initial connection where Chrome says "Resolving host..."). Hopefully more midwest servers will be added soon.